How To Unsubscribe To This *bleep*

jimmy1

I have been trying to unsubscribe to this forum for 5 weeks I have had enough I need HELP Please remove me from getting any email. Please dont tell me to go to my control panel I have tried everything. I wish I would of never joined this forum It is very bad to get 8or12 emails every *BLEEP*ing day HELPHELP

Edited by SW03ES

We all heard you the other times you posted this:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=30593

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=30489

If your subscription settings truly are in order, then, create an email account at yahoo or hotmail and have your LOC messages routed there. Or, contact "Steve" the LOC Admin, I'm sure he'd be glad to help you.

If your subscription settings truly are in order, then, create an email account at yahoo or hotmail and have your LOC messages routed there. Or, contact "Steve" the LOC Admin, I'm sure he'd be glad to help you.

Beleive me , Mods will help you with this. ;)

Like I told you the last three times, the only possible way you could be recieving emails is because YOU selected to recieve them. The system DOES NOT send you emails unless you request them, and I believe there is an unsubscribe link within the email. There is nothing we can do to help you, we've already told you what you need to do. Now you need to do it. You post in here complaining and then you never come back to read what we've written.

I can understand that you're frustrated, but that gives you no right to come in here and be profane. We've told you how to fix your problem time and time again. Add the email the messages come from to your email's spam filter or do what Blake says if you can't figure this out.

Post what your password is and I will go into your account myself and shut the damn thing off. Jesus.

Beleive me , Mods will help you with this. ;)

Just start cursing and saying really nasty things to other members, and those emails should go away! As will you! :)

By the way, I've never received a single email from this site, so like the mods said, it's you who has brought this on yourself!

I would ban him, but I don't think that would stop his emails, it would just keep him from being able to post (which I will do if he keeps berating us). As you all know, the forum doesn't send any emails! We make sure it doesn't by default. I can't turn on and off his email notification without logging into his account, I can just edit the content of his member profile. I'm sure you can imagine that the designers of this software didn't see a need for us to be able to do that.

I'm trying to get Steve to just delete his account.

Again, Jimmy here's what you do:

Go to MY CONTROLS

Go to EMAIL SETTINGS

And make sure NO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS is selected, as it is by default.

Also click on SUBSCRIPTIONS and make sure you haven't subscribed yourself to any forums or topics.

Again, if you're getting emails you susbcribed to them YOURSELF

I would ban him, but I don't think that would stop his emails, it would just keep him from being able to post (which I will do if he keeps berating us). As you all know, the forum doesn't send any emails! We make sure it doesn't by default. I can't turn on and off his email notification without logging into his account, I can just edit the content of his member profile. I'm sure you can imagine that the designers of this software didn't see a need for us to be able to do that.

I'm trying to get Steve to just delete his account.

Again, Jimmy here's what you do:

Go to MY CONTROLS

Go to EMAIL SETTINGS

And make sure NO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS is selected, as it is by default.

Also click on SUBSCRIPTIONS and make sure you haven't subscribed yourself to any forums or topics.

Again, if you're getting emails you susbcribed to them YOURSELF

:lol::lol::lol:

I've subscribed to this thread myself so I can see these emails you're getting.

Hey look! This is at the bottom of the email!

Unsubscribing:

--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and

clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.

Regards,

The Lexus Owners Club (USA) Forums team.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php

There you go. The one and only email notification I've ever recieved.

Hey look, I just successfully unsubscribed from the thread! Great googly moogly that was easy! I'm gonna go get drunk.

I've subscribed to this thread myself so I can see these emails you're getting.

Hey look! This is at the bottom of the email!

Unsubscribing:

--------------

You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and

clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.

Regards,

The Lexus Owners Club (USA) Forums team.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php

There you go. The one and only email notification I've ever recieved.

Hey look, I just successfully unsubscribed from the thread! Great googly moogly that was easy! I'm gonna go get drunk.

Oy!........................

Put the tools down........Back away slowly & no one gets hurt!.......................

SW:

Great googly moogly that was easy! I'm gonna go get drunk.

Careful, someone might mistake you for an "easy" drunk!

I may be easy, but I'm not cheap!

Sorry...thats the gin talking.

SW:

Uhhh........Can we talk money?...........

How much will a quarter get me?....................

I'm Irish..................Nothing is easy about me, but I'm REAL cheap!

I've got a suggestion.....................Let's just all start drinking heavily & we'll forgot all about the original topic.....

See, I feel much better already.......

LOL guys ,

He's playing you. And needs the attention you're giving him............let him go!!!

Ralph:

Yeah, but I bet I'm having more fun!....................................

It takes very little to amuse me (in case you haven't noticed)

Worry not, darkness & sleep are coming........tomorrow is a new day. If I drink enough, I won't remember any of this in the morning.........tee, hee, hee!

LOL guys ,

He's playing you. And needs the attention you're giving him............let him go!!!

Actually I think we've all wound up having fun with this LOL.

And I actually believe him, with my experience doing this its entirely possible he's signed himself up for emails and he's either incapable or unwilling to spend a little time in the control panel to figure out how to shut this off.

We havent given him a rise the last 3 times he did this, he'd have given up already if he were a troll.

LOL guys ,

Actually I think we've all wound up having fun with this LOL.

And I actually believe him, with my experience doing this its entirely possible he's signed himself up for emails and he's either incapable or unwilling to spend a little time in the control panel to figure out how to shut this off.

We havent given him a rise the last 3 times he did this, he'd have given up already if he were a troll.

All kidding aside............be honest now............have you ever had such a bad case of "tunnel vision" (no, not the kind you get from Cuervo) that no matter how hard someone tries to show you or explain something to you, it just won't/can't/doesn't sink in? I'll be the first to admit that it has happened to me.....just something about my thick Irish skull sometimes. It aint' no fun when you finally realize just "what the hell" everyone was trying to get you to understand. But it sure helps when everyone is honest enough to admit that they've "been there" too.

I think that for the most part, everyone (well, maybe not me.......if not, I apologize) has been pretty good about not letting their frustration get the better of them and say/do something blatantly mean or cruel. It's really too bad when things decay to that point because an opportunity is lost that could have been used to help another person with a difficulty they were having.

See, the way my luck runs sometimes, if I were in SW's shoes, I'd be swearing up and down that "there is no way", etc., etc., so on & so forth. Then, guess what?...........It would turn out that in actuality, it was possible & I'd get whacked up side the head, real hard...........

All kidding aside............be honest now............have you ever had such a bad case of "tunnel vision" (no, not the kind you get from Cuervo) that no matter how hard someone tries to show you or explain something to you, it just won't/can't/doesn't sink in?
Sure, it has happened to all of us, but when it happens to me, I'm dealing with something slightly more complicated than unchecking a box on a computer screen, especially when step by step instructions are provided! :blink:
Why not just delete the entire post ?????????????????????
A couple of us are thinking about something bigger and better than just deleting this post! LOL :whistles:

All kidding aside............be honest now............have you ever had such a bad case of "tunnel vision" (no, not the kind you get from Cuervo) that no matter how hard someone tries to show you or explain something to you, it just won't/can't/doesn't sink in?
Sure, it has happened to all of us, but when it happens to me, I'm dealing with something slightly more complicated than unchecking a box on a computer screen, especially when step by step instructions are provided! :blink:
Why not just delete the entire post ?????????????????????
A couple of us are thinking about something bigger and better than just deleting this post! LOL :whistles:

I understand ;) Will be looking forward to the " Bigger and Better " :cheers:

I understand ;) Will be looking forward to the " Bigger and Better " :cheers:

Stay sharp, because it'll come without warning lol.

In all seriousness, of course we've all been affected by tunnel vision, but he's come here 4 times now and posted this same thing, and four times we've told him exactly what to do and this time even proved that the instructions about how to unsubscribe are right in the bottom of the email. Each time he's come, he hasn't come back to the thread he started to get our feedback, he just comes back a week or so later and posts ANOTHER thread. He's demanding we do something that he himself needs to do. There is absolutely NOTHING any moderator or manager level member can do to help him. In fact, I don't know if theres anything an administrator can do. He's going to have to go unsubscribe himself. If he really wants to cooperate in the quest to rid him of these emails he'll post back here with his password so I can go do it. If not, then he's on his own.

I just have to say that this is nothing less than HALERIOUS...

I work in the IT business and I believe that this is what is happenning when people always say, "The tech support with this or that company sucks."

Fact is, many people simply can't follow instructions...but i guess that's why stuff like the "Geek Squad" exist. They themselves are no rocket scientists but they can at least follow instructions and get things fixed.

This thread is the most bizarre thing i've ever seen though...other than that family of ducks i saw today walking down a busy sidewalk here in Niagara Falls... that was weird too.

He actually may be getting more e-mails than he is supposed to get, if he is subscribed to a thread. I know that on occasion, I have received one e-mail after another regarding a thread that is producing a lot of posts. My understanding is that only one e-mail subscription notification is supposed to be sent until the member has re-logged in to the forum. Sometimes I'll receive 4 or 5 e-mails notifications about one thread within the space of an hour. That shouldn't be happening should it?

That's normal if you subscribed to instant email notification for a thread that is busy.

If you want less emails you could subscribe to Daily Email Digest which would send only one per day.

I just think that whatever emails he's getting is only what he subscribed to...no one else is to blame.

There are a whole bunch of different ways that you can have the system notify you of responses. One is every time someone posts, one is only when you're not active on the forum, once is daily etc.