How Do You Wash A Black Car?

Hello,

My friend just bought a black 2000 A4 2.8 (FLAWLESS) and had a 1985 CJ7 before it, so he's never had to wash a car before, let alone a black one.

What are the tried and true techniques for a black car? I know w/ white and silver cars, just wash it, but the darker colors are trickier, so any help would be much appreciated.

Oh, and for those of you who say "go search"... I did.

I searched:

-black car

-car wash black

-black paint wash

-wash car

-etc. ... and didn't come up w/ squat. :chairshot: So if you find posts that were of this topic that I missed please advise in a nice way :P ....THANKS!

-Jimi

:cheers:

washing a black car is just like anyother

it is the waxing and maintaing it needs to keep the gloss look

as it takes longer to get back the shine

also use a wash mitt and wash it oftern in the laundry to remove dirt

which will scratch the car easily

btw i only say try a serch when a new member asks the simplest question that has been answered

like the ant or engine mounts

;)

my cars color is black and i agree with sk just wash like you would a normal car but then you will have to wax it much more then a lighter color.i would recommend for the easy way to wash it to get meguiers sealer and glaze number 2 and meguiers carnuba wax number 3.first wash the whole car with dish soap then put on the sealer glaze then wax it.it will look great!maybe this thread will be better in the detailing section.

I reccomend two buckets. One with soap, one to rinse. Get a good sheepskin wash mitt, soap it, then rinse it in the other bucket periodically. Dont wash in circles, wash in straight lines, and start at the top of the car and work down, with the wheels being last. Then dry with something that wont scratch, a chamois, cali water blade, microfiber towel, absorber etc.

Thats how you should wash ANY color car ;)