Memory Seats Don't Work Help.... Please?

OmarG

Hey you guys i was wondering if anybody knew anything about the memory seat system. My mom has taken a liking to my car and is always changing my seats. For some reason they don't work. Also the little seatbelt height adjuster doesnt work either. Do I need to get a new switch or somthing? Also The Interior dome light doesn't work. I checked the light its fine. The map lights and sunroof are fine.. Also(many niggling problems), the keyhole doesnt light up outside or inside. Hmm i think thats it. Any help would be appreciated!

also i was wondering if anybody knew hout to take the exterior driverside door handle off?? I don't want to damage my car when i'm trying to fix it.

THANKS AGAIN!

I Fixed the seats! i read that a guy said if you press the buttons rapidly for a period of time the connection will fix itself. Well it did!

now i've just spent 6 hours taking the interior apart and cleaning every crevice. The previous owner was kinda dirty. Any suggestions on getting stains out of carpet??

thanks

May sound dumb, but it made me think the memory function wasn't working on my dad's old 98 LS once. The system will not operate if your foot is on the brake, even if its in park. Lexus is the only system I know of that this is the case.

I Fixed the seats! i read that a guy said if you press the buttons rapidly for a period of time the connection will fix itself. Well it did!

now i've just spent 6 hours taking the interior apart and cleaning every crevice. The previous owner was kinda dirty. Any suggestions on getting stains out of carpet??

thanks

My carpet was very dirty...and I mean dirty. I did what Blake did and removed the seats and took the carpet out of the car. Sprayed it down with carpet cleaner and then power washed the heck out of it. Let it drain for a couple of hours and then repeated the process with Simple Green and power washed it again. I then hung it up in the basement to dry. It took a few days to dry completely. It went back in pretty easily. While I had the seats out I cleaned and treated all of the leather. Now my interior looks and smells really nice.

The previous owner was a smoker and I guess he spilled every coke and coffee he ever took into the car.

I feel any other attempt is only touching the surface while the power washing gets it deep down clean. It didn't take ALL of the stains out, but it did most.

i did the same thing you did. i just drenched the carpet with as much cleaner as i could find. then let it soak. then rug doctored. then vaccumed. worked pretty well. since it was hot (95+) it only took a day to dry. now i am in the middle of taking my drver seat apart. since i bought it the car the right side of the seat would not move. the back part not the rails. Anyways i couldn't sit properly when it was lined up so i took the back off and saw that side had gotten loose from the grooves. I have done everything trying to get it to go back in and catch. i might need a new seat. yall have any idea how much a seat @ a junk yard would cost??

• 6 months later...

Hey you guys i was wondering if anybody knew anything about the memory seat system. My mom has taken a liking to my car and is always changing my seats. For some reason they don't work. Also the little seatbelt height adjuster doesnt work either. Do I need to get a new switch or somthing? Also The Interior dome light doesn't work. I checked the light its fine. The map lights and sunroof are fine.. Also(many niggling problems), the keyhole doesnt light up outside or inside. Hmm i think thats it. Any help would be appreciated!

also i was wondering if anybody knew hout to take the exterior driverside door handle off?? I don't want to damage my car when i'm trying to fix it.

THANKS AGAIN!

Hi,

Strange has it may be I have just bought a LS 400, exact same colour as yours and with the exact problems as you have regarding the seat memory function.

The main courtesy light also doesn't work

can you advise me if you have fixed the problem , and how.

Thanks

Fergus the dog (UK)

THANKS AGAIN!

Hi,

Strange has it may be I have just bought a LS 400, exact same colour as yours and with the exact problems as you have regarding the seat memory function.

The main courtesy light also doesn't work

can you advise me if you have fixed the problem , and how.

Thanks

Fergus the dog (UK)

well with the memory seats i just pushed the buttons like 100 times repeatedly becuase the contacts must have corroded so pushing the buttons fixed it. Try it. But make sure you have a memory seat position recorded.

Also my dome light looked ok but really wasnt. I replaced it and now it lights up! Yay!

hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

thanks

I could not believe it, but this works like a charm! My memory seats wouldnt do anyhting, and I was getting ready to start checking fuses, and so I started pushing the memory buttons rapidly, then tried to set the memory, and it worked! This was by far the simplest fix I have ever done on a vehicle. Now if I could just get those darn seatbelts to retract.................

• 10 months later...

thanks

I could not believe it, but this works like a charm! My memory seats wouldnt do anyhting, and I was getting ready to start checking fuses, and so I started pushing the memory buttons rapidly, then tried to set the memory, and it worked! This was by far the simplest fix I have ever done on a vehicle. Now if I could just get those darn seatbelts to retract.................

Could you please tell me how to set the seats memory? My LS400 94 did not come with manual so I don't know how to set the memory of seats, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...