Is Warning Triangle Included In 250 Trunk

Hello all. I looked through this forum before purhcasing my 250 about a week ago. All the information helped me make what I felt was an informed buying decision. Now that I have the car, I have a question with my very first post :)

While reading through the owners manual I saw that there is something called a "warning triangle". I'm assuming this is something that can be placed on the ground outside of the car in the event you are stopped on the side of the road due to a breakdown or flat. In the trunk of my IS 250 I do have the straps that would be used to secure this item to the vehicle but I am missing the actual item. Can some of you IS owners tell me if you have this item inside your trunk?

Thank you.

call 1-800-25-LEXUS and ask them.

If may be one of those Europe only items.

My rear floors have the holes for the carpet stays, but the rear carpets don't have the holes for the stays. Customer Service said they do in Europe, etc. Doesn't help me here was my responce.

steviej

Hello all. I looked through this forum before purhcasing my 250 about a week ago. All the information helped me make what I felt was an informed buying decision. Now that I have the car, I have a question with my very first post :)

While reading through the owners manual I saw that there is something called a "warning triangle". I'm assuming this is something that can be placed on the ground outside of the car in the event you are stopped on the side of the road due to a breakdown or flat. In the trunk of my IS 250 I do have the straps that would be used to secure this item to the vehicle but I am missing the actual item. Can some of you IS owners tell me if you have this item inside your trunk?

Thank you.

Isn't the "Warning Triangle" the little tag you pull if you get locked in the trunk???

It's used to release the trunk lid from the inside... to avoid little ones from being locked inside.

Thank you.

Isn't the "Warning Triangle" the little tag you pull if you get locked in the trunk???

It's used to release the trunk lid from the inside... to avoid little ones from being locked inside.

No. I do see the emergency release pull-tab but there is a picture in the owners manual that shows a device strapped to the rear of the trunk. I have the straps but not the thing they are supposed to be holding in place.

Update**

I went to my dealer yesterday to see about this issue. As it turns out, this does look like an item for the Euro market only. On the plus side I suppose I can use those straps to hold down an umbrella. Yet another item I will most likely never use in socal.. :D Thanks to everyone for their input.