Which Tool Is Better

Grandpa

Either one as long as they are six point socket based. These give more surface to the bolt and have less chance of rounding off. The rachet is great in tight places.

Either one as long as they are six point socket based. These give more surface to the bolt and have less chance of rounding off. The rachet is great in tight places.

At times I used a 3/8 drive with 6 pt socket and a deep blow rubber hammer.

I use my 3/8" wratchet with a cheater bar, or my 1/2" wratchet.

Once you do it the first time, torque them to spec when you put them on - you won't have that problem anymore. ;)

same here. we love those cheater bars.

steviej

I use my 3/8" wratchet with a cheater bar, or my 1/2" wratchet.

Once you do it the first time, torque them to spec when you put them on - you won't have that problem anymore. ;)

same here. we love those cheater bars.

steviej

Eh... I don't know what a cheater bar is.. anyone wanna give me a pic ^_^

Its just a pipe you slip over something (a wratchet handle, or wrench) to give yourself more leverage.

^ now that is a breaker bar - which is purpose designed to be cheap, and hold more torque than a wratchet without breaking. Oddly... The only single time I have ever used my 1/2" breaker bar on my ES (and god knows I've taken almost everything off, or out of it atleast once), was my front cam sprocket's bolt.