Ect Pwr/normal Switch

tranls400

What it does it postpones shifting to the higher gear allowing more RPM/HP per accelaration.

Again, usage is not nessesory unless you fogot that you are driving M5 and not LS.

I prefer to use OVERDRIVE ON/OFF button for highway/city. So in the city I switch it off so it does not switch gears so often.

Enjoy your ride.

:D I leave my Overdrive on at all times, that means the engine runs in lower RPMs thus saving fuel. If I need a faster Take off, I then turn it off and turn on the ECT Power mode, works every time...1990 LS400 :D

Man, do I feel dumb... I didn't even realise I had an overdrive switch. I noticed it when I was cleaning the interior.

What the 'overdrive" is, is 4th gear. When you shut it off, you can only go to third. I would leave it on all the time as it won't effect acceleration until you're well over 100mph. Plus, when you drive in 3rd gear, you will burn a lot of gas.

all overdeive does is it disables the 4rth gear. as to norm ect button it is makin your tranny to shift to ne next gear at higher RPM as kisik said. second gen doesnt have the overdirve button. in fact there are no buttons on the stick at all:)

only power/ect swtich next to it

eyeah i know, i always drive on 3 in the city. makes the car more responsive when you push it by avoiding that lag when transsmission downshifts.