2006 Is... Color Ratios

Does anyone know what the color make up of the new IS is??

The reason I'm asking is.... I've only seen about 8 other new IS driving around... 5 of those in Houston this past weekend...

But out of the 8.... I've seem 1 silver and 1 white... and the rest BLACK... the 5 in houston... all black!!!

Just wondering if anyone had a link that shows what % of each color is made...

Here's a link to a survey of what colors 555 people own.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...highlight=color

The reason I'm asking is.... I've only seen about 8 other new IS driving around... 5 of those in Houston this past weekend...

But out of the 8.... I've seem 1 silver and 1 white... and the rest BLACK... the 5 in houston... all black!!!

When I was at the dealer, the manager was showing me the factory output for March/April.

There were a lot of Black and Smokey Granite, some Silver, Red and White, and only 1 or 2 of everything else.

In fact, I wanted to see a Breakwater Blue in person, and they only had one leaving the factory for those 2 months.

Still haven't seen one in person. :(

Anyone ever seen one of that hideous green color? I saw one at my dealer the first week they came out back in October. I've never seen one on the road or at the dealer since. I'm guessing that may have been the only one ever built. Any bets on how soon they drop that color?

BTW, now that it's summer and hot out, silver rules. It's like a mirror reflecting the heat.

When I was at the dealer, the manager was showing me the factory output for March/April.

There were a lot of Black and Smokey Granite, some Silver, Red and White, and only 1 or 2 of everything else.

In fact, I wanted to see a Breakwater Blue in person, and they only had one leaving the factory for those 2 months.

Still haven't seen one in person. :(

The last time I went to the dealer near me, I was surprised that they had a Breakwater Blue on their lot, b/c that was actually the color I wanted to see (that and SGM, which they had too). I was really impressed with the BBM, and I could really tell the difference between it and the silver color. Now the other color I really want to see in person is the dark blue. Ahh, so many choices. :unsure:

One thing I like about the IS colors is that some of them almost seem to change color in different lights.

The Matador Red Mica looked great in the showroom, but really came to life when the pulled it out into the sun. It was a whole different shade of Red.

I'm still waiting to see a Breakwater Blue Metalic in person, since that seems to offer both Silver and Blue in one color.

Well, on my way home last night (still sunny), I saw a new IS.

It was Glacier Frost Mica.

It was coming right at me in the sunlight and it immediately caught my eye, as all IS's do.

As it was coming at me, it really intrigued me. It was like a creamy, very shiny Silver, with a touch of light Blue.

It drove past me and since we were in traffic, I got to see it in my mirror as well.

As it entered a shady section of road... I'm tellin ya, that friggen car turned Pink.

Pink! :huh:

Still waiting to see the Breakwater Blue Metallic. ;)

One thing I like about the IS colors is that some of them almost seem to change color in different lights.

The Matador Red Mica looked great in the showroom, but really came to life when the pulled it out into the sun. It was a whole different shade of Red.

I'm still waiting to see a Breakwater Blue Metalic in person, since that seems to offer both Silver and Blue in one color.

It was coming right at me in the sunlight and it immediately caught my eye, as all IS's do.

As it was coming at me, it really intrigued me. It was like a creamy, very shiny Silver, with a touch of light Blue.

It drove past me and since we were in traffic, I got to see it in my mirror as well.

As it entered a shady section of road... I'm tellin ya, that friggen car turned Pink.

I saw a Glacier Frost 250 in the show room at Balise..... In person it looked like a Christmas Tree Globe... sort of strange I thought....

I haven't had a chance to see a the Matador Red yet.... :) cant wait until I do!

I think that's the color I've seen that I wish I had seen at the dealer, cuz I WOULD'VE FRIGGIN' GOT THAT ONE instead of my white one!! lol Beautiful, beautiful color!!!

I think that's the color I've seen that I wish I had seen at the dealer, cuz I WOULD'VE FRIGGIN' GOT THAT ONE instead of my white one!! lol Beautiful, beautiful color!!!

Yeah, for a girl. :P

Yeah, for a girl. :P

Well, I'm not a big pink fan. I didn't quite see that color come out of it yet!! lol. Yep, I guess it would be for a girl........

Blue Onyx Metallic. Its absolutely the best colour out there. I think this is the blue color you are referring to (there is only one blue color in the IS's). It looks nothing like it is on the website. Decide for yourself. Here are the pics.

http://members.shaw.ca/jamil/blue.jpg

I have a Breakwater Blue with Black interior. Have not seen another one yet. I have seen a Silver and Black in my town which has 135,000 people. I like the exclusivity. I had a TL before, and they are freakin' everywhere!

Blue Onyx Metallic. Its absolutely the best colour out there. I think this is the blue color you are referring to (there is only one blue color in the IS's). It looks nothing like it is on the website. Decide for yourself. Here are the pics.

http://members.shaw.ca/jamil/blue.jpg

As you can see in the post below yours, there is another Blue.

The Blue Onyx is one of 2 Blues available

One is a dark blue, as you know, since you own one.

The other is more of a shiny Silver & Blue mix.

Very classy look, and I have yet to see one on the road.

And yes, the TLs are everywhere!

I'm completely sick of seeing them.

I have a Breakwater Blue with Black interior. Have not seen another one yet. I have seen a Silver and Black in my town which has 135,000 people. I like the exclusivity. I had a TL before, and they are freakin' everywhere!

Breakwater blue is such a NICE color. I wish they could have offered that with the GX. If I went with a RX330, I would DEFINITELY have picked that color. ;)

• 5 months later...