Tint

denslexusgx470

I was NOT talking about glare....I was simply talking about loss of night vision! ;)
I know, and I'm saying I can see just fine at night with very dark windows at all hours of the night with very, very poor vision and I'm no where near being a senior. ;) The point of my disagreement is that you don't have to be 80 years old to have poor vision. My mother is more than twice my age, and she can see perfectly, day or night, w/o glasses. I didn't see any mention of how eyeglasses or contacts affect their reports (maybe I missed it?). <_<
geez. i didn't mean for this to turn into a little arguement.
Argument is such an ugly word with aweful connotations, let's say heated debate. LOL

Yes, a heated debate......we still friends? ;)

Yes, a heated debate......we still friends? ;)
You know it! :D I hate how things get misconstrued on the internet. I really had no intentions of coming across as a jerk, but I guess it's going to happen when you only have some boring old text to go off of!

DCP03140.JPG

20% front, 5% rear.

You have any better pictures? Like one that wasn't taken from the roof of your house?!?! :lol:
anyone guess the percent on this one??? lol :) :D
I'd guess 40%; then again, it is so hard to tell from a picture!

DCP03134.JPG

DCFN0090.JPG

DCP02712.JPG

DCP02711.JPG

^nvm the dork in the pic...lol, thats my buddy little b.

Before tint:

DCP02695.JPG

One thing is for sure Josh, tint really enhances the appearance of a car whatever shade one chooses bud! B) No question about that! ;)

:cheers:

for sure. :cheers: sometimes when i see a vehicle that has no tint at all, it makes me feel that it's a bare, basic model. i.e. the very basic Honda Pilot doesn't have rear tint from the factory. it makes it look very obvious that it's a basic model. Tint kinda hides that. :o ;)

for sure. :cheers: sometimes when i see a vehicle that has no tint at all, it makes me feel that it's a bare, basic model. i.e. the very basic Honda Pilot doesn't have rear tint from the factory. it makes it look very obvious that it's a basic model. Tint kinda hides that. :o ;)

I hear what your saying......but to be fair, not matter what model Subaru Forester or Outback one purchases (as an example), it does not come with the darker 'privacy glass' (which I think should) one see's with more popular SUV's & Minivans. I wish they did.......it would only cost me for the 2 front side windows. B)

Oh yeah......as you get older your 'night vision' is less, so tinting can have a very negative effect on your ability to see things in the dark!!
I disagree. I'm a step or two away from being legally blind (I have presbyopia, bad myopia, and astigmatisms in both eyes.), but I can see just fine with tint--in fact, I prefer it. I had absolutely no problems at night with my former 10% and current 40% tint on the front windows. I'd really like to get the windshield done now to cut down on the bright lights from head on traffic, plus it'd look cool too! B) I know everyone's vision is different though! My. $.02.

You have presbyopia at your age? Geez.

Oh yeah......as you get older your 'night vision' is less, so tinting can have a very negative effect on your ability to see things in the dark!!
I disagree. I'm a step or two away from being legally blind (I have presbyopia, bad myopia, and astigmatisms in both eyes.), but I can see just fine with tint--in fact, I prefer it. I had absolutely no problems at night with my former 10% and current 40% tint on the front windows. I'd really like to get the windshield done now to cut down on the bright lights from head on traffic, plus it'd look cool too! B) I know everyone's vision is different though! My. $.02.

I don't know what presbyopia is, but it sounds like too much time infront of a computer screen...late at night...boobie-dancin'! :ph34r:

Hahaha...Gotcha' Blake! :cheers:

PS, I wear glasses...have ever since I saw Bo Derek in 10, nearly 17 years ago...hahaha :geek:

Yep. My dad has the same vision problems, so I half expected to get them too.:whistles:
I don't know what presbyopia is, but it sounds like too much time infront of a computer screen...late at night...boobie-dancin'! :ph34r:

Hahaha...Gotcha' Blake! :cheers:

Boobie dancin! LOL Presbyopia is farsightedness, myopia is nearsightedness, and astigmatisms are mis-shapen eyes which translates in to poor vision quality (it'd be like watching at a cheap tv, and then watching a name brand plasma or hd lcd blah, blah, blah TV! LOL).

miscellaneous_382.gif

LOL :cheers:

for sure.:cheers: sometimes when i see a vehicle that has no tint at all, it makes me feel that it's a bare, basic model. i.e. the very basic Honda Pilot doesn't have rear tint from the factory. it makes it look very obvious that it's a basic model. Tint kinda hides that. :o ;)

I hear what your saying......but to be fair, not matter what model Subaru Forester or Outback one purchases (as an example), it does not come with the darker 'privacy glass' (which I think should) one see's with more popular SUV's & Minivans. I wish they did.......it would only cost me for the 2 front side windows. B)

well that's a different story. usually by the looks of the vehicle, i can tell if it's a basic or kinda loaded, or loaded EVEN if there's no tint. Like the CR-V, back in 1997, the top of the line (EX) doesn't have tint from factory. Now Honda thought about it and their current one has it. :D

No, Presbyopia isn't farsightedness. Presbyopia is the deterioration of the eye muscles ability to effectively adjust the opening of the eye, thats what happens to people as they age with their inaility to adjust for quick changes in light and inability to focus in on objects up close. Presbyopia is not hereditary, and happens to everyone as a natural part of aging.

Thats why I was so surprised when you said you have presbyopia, it typically comes with age.

Information about Presbyopia:

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/presbyopia.htm

Presbyopia is caused by an age-related process. This is different from astigmatism, nearsightedness and farsightedness, which are related to the shape of the eyeball and caused by genetic factors, disease, or trauma. Presbyopia is generally believed to stem from a gradual loss of flexibility in the natural lens inside your eye.

Farsightedness is called "hyperopia"

Information about Hyperopia:

I pos this because this is the difference between wha you are experiencing and what Alan is experiencing. He has different issues, he has Presbyopia which effects his night vision which comes with age. You have myopia and hyperopia, nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmitism. Totally different issues and they're sure to effect how each of you see at night and with tint.

Farsightedness is called "hyperopia"
That's right. I'm not sure what I was thinking (or if it was actually taking place), my mistake :wacko: Be that as it may, I still stand by what I said, that is you don't have to be old to have poor night vision. What I see is different from other folks and vice versa, and my dark tint has no affect on my night vision. Maybe it'll help you, maybe it'll hamper.We can get affidavits for darker than legal tint for skin, eye, or other medical problems, and if the state is willing to forego a possible $150 tint citation, there's probably a little validity to it. LOL

Totally different issues and they're sure to effect how each of you see at night and with tint.
That's true, and until we can swap eyes, we'll never know. LOL

SWO3ES-

I pos this because this is the difference between wha you are experiencing and what Alan is experiencing. He has different issues, he has Presbyopia which effects his night vision which comes with age.

I didn't say I was afflicted with Presbyopia.....I was just using this as an example. I may be old, but NOT that old. hehe :P