Is250 Vs. Acura Rsx Type S

well if they have the same hp, it depends on torque and i assume that the acura is lighter.

the IS has 204 hp with 185 torque

the Acura has 201 hp with 140 torque

0-60 for IS250 auto: 7.9

Acura unknown cause they dont say

Id say the IS wins

I wanted to know what car was faster, they are both around 205 hp. My girlfriend has the Type-S and the car is quick, down the road if i get a IS250, i wanted to know if it would be any competition. THanks guys.

Actually.... I'm not sure about that.

I've driven both cars.

I've driven the IS250 AWD Automatic.

My friend has an 05 RSX Type-S 6 Speed Manual which I have had the luxury of abusing.

Although the thing sounds like a ticked off weed whacker on heroin, it goes quite quick.

It'd be a good race, but if someone knows how to drive the 6-Speed Manual Acura correctly, the RSX has a very good chance of taking the race.

The IS 250 automatic is not a 'fast' car, even when in sequential mode.

I'd say the IS250 Manual would be better competition.

Look at the TL and the IS350...

The IS350 is CrAzY fast for an automatic, getting low 5's 0-60

The TL has approx 50 less horse and less torque, but the 6-speed has also been seen doing low 5's

Bottom line, I'd say the better driver takes it.

I agree with is350 ace...But I still think the 250 will beat the acura (the is has more horsepower and toque, it's no competition). And plus Lexus is overall a better car. But just get the 350 and totally burn it. And the Acura TL is no competition for the 350, hardly any stock car is.

I agree with is350 ace...But I still think the 250 will beat the acura (the is has more horsepower and toque, it's no competition). And plus Lexus is overall a better car. But just get the 350 and totally burn it. And the Acura TL is no competition for the 350, hardly any stock car is.

The question asked was whether or not the IS250 was faster than the Acura RSX Type-S

There are variables here that need to be known before that question can be answered.

It's not just a question of Horsepower and Torque.

Is the IS 250 AWD or RWD?

Is it an Automatic or Manual?

Is the RSX Type-S a 6 Speed Manual?

An Acura RSX Type-S 6 Speed Manual against an IS250 AWD Auto, I put my money on the Acura if driven correctly.

There is NO arguement that the IS is a nicer car.

Acura cannot compete with the level of luxury that Lexus offers.

The IS is also $10,000 - $15,000 more money than the Acura RSX

As for the TL vs the IS350 (Which was not the question here)... I would always put my $ on the IS.

Hands down, the IS is a faster car.

But no competition? There is competition.

Get in your IS350 and put it up against an Acura TL 6 Speed Manual.

At the end of the 0-60 race, you'll be the winner, but it will not be by much.

The IS has more HP and Toque to offer, but the IS's torque gains as the RPMs rise.

The TL's Torque is more of a flat range, where most of it's torque is available from 2,000 to 7,000 RPMs.

This makes it get up and go very quickly.

This was not an arguement as to what car is better, the IS takes that hands down.

The question was whether or not the IS250 was faster than the RSX Type-S

If you want speed, buy a POS Corvette or GT500 Mustang.

Want power and incredible quality, but an IS350.

Want incrediable quality in a sports sedan that's a blast to drive and dont need brute power, get an IS250.

well if they have the same hp, it depends on torque and i assume that the acura is lighter.

the IS has 204 hp with 185 torque

the Acura has 201 hp with 140 torque

0-60 for IS250 auto: 7.9

Acura unknown cause they dont say

Id say the IS wins

I googled the RSX Type-S

The 0-60 stats differ slightly from review to review, but it's 0-60 stat is anywhere between 6.1 and 6.7 seconds.

There's your answer.

The RSX is faster, the IS is a nicer car.

You'll have to choose what is more important.

-Peace

I traded in a 05 Acura RSX Type S for my IS250.

Ones a sport compact and the other luxury sedan, Its 2 totally different cars, Its a 10K difference to top it off. So you’re looking at it all the wrong way, it’s not about whose is faster it’s who can pimp harder ;)

Its no big deal if your girls car is faster anyways, my girl drives a new TL and that thing would smoke me any day, but I look better.

I traded in a 05 Acura RSX Type S for my IS250.

Ones a sport compact and the other luxury sedan, Its 2 totally different cars, Its a 10K difference to top it off. So you’re looking at it all the wrong way, it’s not about whose is faster it’s who can pimp harder ;)

Its no big deal if your girls car is faster anyways, my girl drives a new TL and that thing would smoke me any day, but I look better.

Completely agree

"Who's can pimp harder" ... LOL :lol:

Completely agree

Its true, you don’t buy a Lexus cause you feel like spending 35-40K its because of the pimpability. You can just as easily go out and spend 20K on a Honda/Toyota and get the same reliability, etc. It’s just that those have no pimp factor... Do you want to be the guy lacking pimp factor??? I think not.

I think im loosing it :wacko: :D :cheers:

Completely agree

Its true, you don’t buy a Lexus cause you feel like spending 35-40K its because of the pimpability. You can just as easily go out and spend 20K on a Honda/Toyota and get the same reliability, etc. It’s just that those have no pimp factor... Do you want to be the guy lacking pimp factor??? I think not.

I think im loosing it :wacko: :D :cheers:

So, let me ask you....

When I test drove the IS 250, I didn't get to beat on it.

When you get on it, does it have that same Weed Whacker affect like the RSX?

Or does it have a beefier sound?

So, let me ask you....

When I test drove the IS 250, I didn't get to beat on it.

When you get on it, does it have that same Week Whacker affect like the RSX?

Or does it have a beefier sound?

No, not at all. The IS really has no sound to it untill you really get on it then you here the exhaust note. I think an exhaust on this car would sound great, bring it to life more. I've never heard the IS350 but im sure thats got a nice rumble to it.

Now I know that this thread is about the comparison is between the IS250 and the Acura RSX type-s, but IMO, a much better comparison would be between the IS250 and the Acura TSX. The TSX is a sedan like the IS, has 205 hp and 164lb-ft of torque, and is offered in a 5 spd auto, or 6 spd man. I'm not sure about the quarter mile, or 0-60 times of the TSX but I'm sure they're respectable. Now I don't mean to sound like an "Acura Lover", I'm just talking performance wise. The Lexus is a better car in a lot of other ways, performance aside. This all is just my 2 cents.

But hey Lexdiamonds, I hope you GF knows "how to drive" her RSX so she could put up a good race. LOL