This Is What You Call B/s

razahyde

I think its much cooler to have a car that emits water into the air

Then everyone will whine about how HUMID it is outside due to all the automobiles "spewing" steam into the air! Hahahahaa..... Next thing you know, we're all riding in horse and buggies again. Now granted they'll be Lexus buggies with navigation, leather, and tickle your feathers seat massagers....hahahaa

I think its much cooler to have a car that emits water into the air

Then everyone will whine about how HUMID it is outside due to all the automobiles "spewing" steam into the air! Hahahahaa..... Next thing you know, we're all riding in horse and buggies again. Now granted they'll be Lexus buggies with navigation, leather, and tickle your feathers seat massagers....hahahaa

Don't forget PETA. I don't think that they would think it is humane to do that to a horse...LOL :lol: :D :lol:

this is a joke! :blink:

Hahahaha....I'm going to start my own organization called PETPA "People for the Excessive Treatment of People with Autophile disorders" and I shall be member #211....hahaha :cheers:

Hahahaha....I'm going to start my own organization called PETPA "People for the Excessive Treatment of People with Autophile disorders" and I shall be member #211....hahaha :cheers:

On a serious note, nearly every car available in Ford's Lineup (as well as many others) have a package available called FFV. this stands for Flexible Fuel Vehicle. They can run off of either E85 or gasoline, or ay mixture of the 2. and these have been around since 1997.

So it can be done, fairly easily, i would be willing to bet that if you put E85 into your lexus it would burn with little to no trouble, minus the emissions systems being slightly different on an FFV (the O2 sensors have the ability to turn off or trim out readings according to what fuel is percieved by the computer to be in the vehicle).

The point about e85 and sugar vs. corn is that it is a sugar is a superior option AND CAN,swes330, be grown here, last time i checked us wacky californians ARE the worlds highest producers of sugarcane. My point was in the context of my previous post is that America often doesnt take the best course of action for all, but the most profitable action for the parties that are already invested. Thats as non-partisan as it gets. Did anyone see the special on cnn about brazil? 1 4000 acre sugarcane farm can power(fill up) 11,000 cars per day. Higher octane,less efficiancy. As clean or cleaner than corn ethanol. Oh and the plant that refines the sugar? powered by.........sugar. But were not going to this.....all the crops we pay farmers to destroy, to not ruin markets....sugarcane......faced with this reality it really makes hydrogen seem kinda silly at least in the near future. I am a pretty moderate "lefty" yet i didnt have the need to insult anybody.........smoke that.

I wonder if the water that comes out in the emmissions will cause some sort of environmental problem as well...doesnt seem like we have any ways to make transportation less painful. As for Ethanol, a lot of cars are E85 compatible...mercedes has it standard...except theres only 1 station for ethanol in califronia, near san diego

In my opinion, i currently think that most influence on the price of gas is due to the War in Iraq. not as in "gov't conspiracies" but as in "our troops have to drive too." i've read about WW2 where butter, milk, even sugar was a luxury.

While other reasons tend to speak for themselves....

I also have a 2004 Mazda convertible, and the 2 Mazda forums I belong to are juvenile and not worth visiting. Especially if you want to learn anything about maintenance. It's all about "Who have you beaten lately?"

Racing on the streets? why? for money sure, but just to see "who you've beated lately?" could this be why America uses soo much gas? does anyone really know how wide spread this is?

most poeple keep refering to "Big Oil." Is this just like "Big Tobacco?" if so kick the habit and be like the guy in Texas who rides a horse, or buy a hybrid, or even get a Toyota Yaris with it's 40mpg! Corn sounds good but just think of when super-duper bloated and regulated? who will refine it? how much cash will this take? What happens to the 1990 LS400? or 57 MB? or 79 stingray? or 71 "The Judge"? a solution/alternative is always available, it just business. "Big Business" :D

The point about e85 and sugar vs. corn is that it is a sugar is a superior option AND CAN,swes330, be grown here, last time i checked us wacky californians ARE the worlds highest producers of sugarcane.

Did I ever say sugar can't be grown here?!? Or corn? And where did discussion of sugar come from?!?!

I am a pretty moderate "lefty" yet i didnt have the need to insult anybody.........smoke that.

Who has insulted anybody?!?!

I'm confused :whistles:

Oh okay, I still don't see where he said anything about or against sugar or insulted anyone...

Me either! All I said was that ethanol burns cleaner than gas, and we can grow it here in the states (corn or sugar), both parts of that statement are true. I'm not sure where the rant came from!

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, I just got back from New Zealand, and the value of the US dollar has dropped from 2 US to one NZ to 1-1/2 to 1. Bush just drop-kicked Treasury's John Snow from the cabinet, but the dollar continues to fall.

Houston, I think we have a problem....