93ls To Low?

93ls400walt

Any suggestions on ride height? I live up a steep driveway. When I first bought the car 6 months ago. I could go up the drive with 1 or 2 passengers and a full tank of gas and not drag the mufflers. Now with just myself and a full tank, the mufflers drag.( No I did not gain weight ). Any rear suspension parts to inspect? or replace?. The car seem to sit at a proper height with no load. But the rear lowers quite a bit with any added weight in the rear.

If the mufflers did drag then they might have become unhooked. On my 91 the mufflers are each suspended by two "rubber bands" for lack of better term. The tail pipes were hanging about .5" to 1" low because one of the two bands unhooked on each.

I also suggest looking at the "donuts" to which the mufflers attach - they might have stretched or broken. For the first 10 years with my 90 LS, I lived in a house with only a moderately sloped driveway. I always had to angle the car as I backed into the street to keep the mufflers from dragging. (Your city hasn't paved your street lately, have they?) But my 90 LS also had a trailer hitch which used the same brackets as the muffler donuts - the trailer hitch effectively caused my mufflers to ride about 1/4 inch lower than normal.

My 90 LS was also very sensitive to weight in the trunk - even when it was new. This "feature" made the headlights less effective when the trunk was fully loaded - especially with adults in the back seat.

How many miles are on your car? I would be surprised if the springs were sagging -- I have not noticed anyone reporting that sort of problem. Worn shock absorbers do not affect ride height.

Thanks for your replies. My Ls is a 93 with 95,000k on it. The rubber hangers are connected. The mufflers seam to be up and at a good height. But I think I will replace them anyway. Don't want to keep damanging my muffs.