Differential Oil.....

92ls forhundo

I changed my diff. oil today and what significant difference it made, not major but significant in a subtle way, smoother acceleration, and just seemingly more tranquil ride.....good stuff....i recommend doing this, i know the heavy hitters do this already but for newbies like me it was eye opening.

I changed my diff. oil today and what significant difference it made, not major but significant in a subtle way, smoother acceleration, and just seemingly more tranquil ride.....good stuff....i recommend doing this, i know the heavy hitters do this already but for newbies like me it was eye opening.

Just out of curiosity, what's the mileage on your car, I plan to do mine soon as well.

I agree completely, i had just done after 138000 miles and now the transmission is so smoothe , guys go for it. It made a big difference in the ride . I happened to do it with the dealer himself at a fraction of the cost

If you removed the same amount of oil that went back in new, there could be no discernible difference in the way the car drives. It's great that you feel better about the car - but there is nothing that new oil could do that older gear oil can't do in terms of driving smoothness.

As far as I know, all Lexus with traction control have open differentials. If they had limited slip diffs, and the correct additives were not used, then there would be specific symptoms in driving that would be directly attributable to the clutches performance.

well im not the original owner of this car so i cannot say how long that oil was in there but it didnt look good coming out....probably has lost some of its properties. Oh maybe im just crazy and there is no difference , that or i am just lying......

srk are implying that i dont know my car or that im so ignorent that i would fall for "the placebo" effect of changing my oil in diff? I greatly respect your opinions and enjoy very much reading you, however i cant stand being condescended to.

well im not the original owner of this car so i cannot say how long that oil was in there but it didnt look good coming out....probably has lost some of its properties. Oh maybe im just crazy and there is no difference , that or i am just lying......

srk are implying that i dont know my car or that im so ignorent that i would fall for "the placebo" effect of changing my oil in diff? I greatly respect your opinions and enjoy very much reading you, however i cant stand being condescended to.

I tried very hard to avoid sounding condescending or patronizing in my post. I think placebo effect is a bit strong, but at the same time I always think my cars run better after washing and vacuuming them out. After waxing my cars, I think they are faster, and I know fully well that it can't be true. It's all a part of why we enjoy them.

I hope you understand my meaning here. What's truly important is that we work on our own cars, and that's always a good feeling - certainly more than saving money, it's the accomplishment itself.