2003 Sc430 And Nokia 6310i Phone Troubles

smurf

I bought my car used and it came with the nokia 6310i phone, which integrates with the nav system. those on the other end complain of noise so loud they can barely hear me. I've brought the car to the dealer 5 times and the trouble remains. nokia says the phone may not be 100% compatible with the car, but offers no alternatives. does anybody have a solution to this frustrating problem? thanks!!!

I thought the Nokia 6310i was the very first BlueTooth phone certified by Lexus to work with the Lexus BlueTooth system and was available through Lexus dealers. Lexus even sold a charging cradle specifically for the 6310i which fit in the center console - at least I think it was available in the U.S. like it was in the U.K.

The 6310i has not been available in my area for about two years - maybe yours has developed a problem. The main reason I am familiar with the 6310i is that my wife and I both use non-BlueTooth Nokia 6340i phones which look identical to the 6310i.

Consult the list of BlueTooth phones that has been certified by Lexus. Perhaps ask a friend to pair his BT phone with your car to see how it works. Has the dealer paired one of his BT phones with your system to demonstate that he can make a BT phone function with your car?

OK, the following may be the ravings of a lunatic but bear with me:

A Nokia 6310i like the one that came with your SC also fits in the handset cradle of our Nokia CARK-91H car kits - you can see the handset cradle in my avatar. Both the 6310i and our 6340i phones are no longer sold by the major cellular providers.

I wonder if the connector from the 6310i handset cradle in your 2003 SC is the same as the connector on our CARK-91H handset cradles. The 6310i cradle in the SC might have been supplied by Nokia.

The reason I wonder is that there is a adaptor kit that allows current Nokia "pop-port" phones to work with the old Nokia car kits including the CARK-91H. The adaptor kit consists of a CA-55 cable and the appropriate Nokia handset cradle for whichever Nokia phone you want to use.

For example, Cingular currently sells the Nokia 6102 clamshell camera phone which is a pop-port phone. Like the Nokia 6310i and 6340i, the 6102 has infrared and can interface with Nokia PC Suite

I wonder if the software architecture of the current Nokia pop-port phones would have any compatibility with the "Lexus Integrated Phone System" of 2003 if the pop-port adaptor kit is used?

I will post a photo of the connector from the CARK-91H handset in case you want to compare it with the connector from your SC's handset cradle.

This might be a real "stretch" but I remember that the old Connects-2 brand car kits sold in Europe could retrieve the name and phone number information from a variety of Nokia phones through the CARK-91H and other Nokia kits and display it on the multi-function information display of BMW's and several other car brands.

OK, I'm too lazy tonight to dig the Nokia control box out from under the carpet and photograph the handset cradle cable connector. Here is a photo of that CA-55 converter cable that has the same connector as our CARK-91H cradle and the cradles of several other Nokia car kits. The connector that plugs into the Nokia control box of the CARK-91H kit is at the top of the photo. The connector on the other end is the one that plugs into whichever pop-port compatible cradle that is needed to support a particular Nokia pop-port phone. The connector that plugs into the control box is rather thin - I think only one row of pins.

The first question is --> does the cradle in the 2003 model year "Lexus Integrated Phone System" have the same connector into its control box as the rest of the Nokia car kits (and CA-55 converter cable) have?

If anyone is really interested in pursueing this, PM me and I will take a photo.

post-2157-1145491155.jpg