Illuminated Scuff Plates

I just picked up a IS350 w/ the Lux package.. Its show "Illuminated Scuff Plates"... but mine does have them? It looks like its all steel...

Is there something I need to remove??

Thanks

I don't think so.

If the word "LEXUS" looks like it's steel, they are not illuminated plates.

I'd ask the dealer why your car is missing the illuminated scuff plate option.

I just picked up a IS350 w/ the Lux package.. Its show "Illuminated Scuff Plates"... but mine does have them? It looks like its all steel...

Thanks

There are nothing to remove. Lux comes with Illuminated scuff plates and Sport comes with aluminum. Do you have the wooden dash board, or sun shades in the back? If you don't than most likely your dealer tricked you into paying more for a Sport IS350. Beside that I don't know why Lux didn't come with Illuminated Scuff Plates.

Thanks

There are nothing to remove. Lux comes with Illuminated scuff plates and Sport comes with aluminum. Do you have the wooden dash board, or sun shades in the back? If you don't than most likely your dealer tricked you into paying more for a Sport IS350. Beside that I don't know why Lux didn't come with Illuminated Scuff Plates.

Thanks!! The door light worked!! They look great!

Scary thing is.... I called the dealer yesterday asking about them... the dealer told me that the service manager said "The lexus doesn't light up.. the illuminated scuff plate is the light under the mirror".... hummm

Scary thing is.... I called the dealer yesterday asking about them... the dealer told me that the service manager said "The lexus doesn't light up.. the illuminated scuff plate is the light under the mirror".... hummm

you need to call them back and issue a little education to them. scary it is.

steviej

I just picked up a IS350 w/ the Lux package..

Hey Cherokee...

Being a fellow "Mass-hole", do you have a second set of wheels for the Winter, or are you going to brave it with the IS350?

Just curious cause I'm in for an IS250, but having second thoughts about getting the 350 instead.

Snow is only about 3 months of the year.

Hard to turn down the IS350 when compared to the 250.

What's your plans for the winter?

Thanks!

I just picked up a IS350 w/ the Lux package..

Hey Cherokee...

Being a fellow "Mass-hole", do you have a second set of wheels for the Winter, or are you going to brave it with the IS350?

Just curious cause I'm in for an IS250, but having second thoughts about getting the 350 instead.

Snow is only about 3 months of the year.

Hard to turn down the IS350 when compared to the 250.

What's your plans for the winter?

Thanks!

lol.. I'm a Okie stuck up here in Mass... and I have to tell you... Getting my mass dl was a BLACK DAY FOR ME!!

I'm planning on getting a Toy or Nissan pickup.. (something used/old but clean) somthing that can carry my bike or Kayak and take camping...

Even if the 350 was AWD.. if it was snowing out... or crappy out... I wouldnt take it out... just the thought of getting all that snow and crap inside the car....... :cries:

Have you been able to drive a 350 yet??? :rolleyes: :P

I wasnt able to get the color I wanted... nor the ML..... BUT... the only thing I wish I did hold out for was the ML... the standard is great!! BUT... I wish I could play DVDs.. :(

Have you been able to drive a 350 yet??? :rolleyes: :P

I wasnt able to get the color I wanted... nor the ML..... BUT... the only thing I wish I did hold out for was the ML... the standard is great!! BUT... I wish I could play DVDs.. :(

Well, I haven't been able to drive an IS350 yet.

The dealer never has one in stock that isn't sold, so they are not available to testdrive.

Seems like the 350 only comes in on special order.

They only have one IS to drive in Northborough, and it's a 250 AWD which they purchased just for test drives. SGM on Black, Nav, No Lux or ML.

I know that if I drive the 350, I'll buy one. Probably not the best of ideas.

This will be my year round car so I'll need to drive in the snow and anything else New England has to throw at it.

I have a 2 car garage and for the last year, 3 cars and a bike.

I'm tired of playing musical cars to get in & out of my garage. :wacko:

I agree with the ML thing... I'm waiting.

I'll be putting an order in for an 07 as soon as they start taking them.