Toyota Put A 03 Is 300 Engine In My Gs 300!

chris6878

uhh no they are not the same engines...go back!

actually, I think, you will find that both engines are the same inline 6 cylinder (2JZ-GE).

steviej

Correct, Same engine.

sorry folks, i just imagined that they wouldnt use the same engine on two different models, my bad, shoulda done the research :blushing: :chairshot:

it is the same with the ES and RX, they use the same engines too.

steviej

sorry folks, i just imagined that they wouldnt use the same engine on two different models, my bad, shoulda done the research :blushing::chairshot:

it is the same with the ES and RX, they use the same engines too.

steviej

no, i dont believe they use the same engines in the ES330 and the RX330. It says on the lexus website that the ES is rated at 218 horses, and i know for a fact that the RX330 is rated in the 230s hp. So, no they dont use the same engines :whistles:

no, i dont believe they use the same engines in the ES330 and the RX330. It says on the lexus website that the ES is rated at 218 horses, and i know for a fact that the RX330 is rated in the 230s hp. So, no they dont use the same engines :whistles:

If you do a little research, you will find that the RX300 and the ES300 both used the same 1MZ-FE V6 powerplant.

Further digging and you will find that the RX330, ES330 and even the Toyota Sienna all use the same 3MZ-FE V6 powerplant.

Most recently, I think you will also find that the new RX350 will share the same V6 as the ES350.

Just because the horsepower is slightly different does not mean that the V6 powerplant is different.

soooo.......:whistles::whistles: right back at cha.

steviej

I know the sienna uses the same engine, i own one too. and they both say 230 horsepower. It makes no sense to have the same engine but reduce the horsepower if your trying to sell the best car...but maybe they just do cause im no pro.

I know the sienna uses the same engine, i own one too. and they both say 230 horsepower. It makes no sense to have the same engine but reduce the horsepower if your trying to sell the best car...but maybe they just do cause im no pro.

Lexus/Toyota tunes the engine differently for each car. There are power, gas mileage, consumer market, car spec (weight, driveability, ...), ... issues that they tailor the different vehicle towards.

Wow, so much craziness for a Lexus forum. The IS300, SC300, and 1/2 gen GS300s use the 2jz-ge engine (similar, sorta, to the one used in the MKIV N/A Supra). Although I believe they are all tuned differently depending on VVT-i and other aspects. As long as the car runs run you should be ok. The hp numbers are all similar and the engines are all very similar.