Is350 Vs 05 Mustang Gt?

My friend bought a 2005 Mustang GT 5 speed MN (new body style), Does anyone know if that car is faster

1/4 mile or 0-60 then the IS?

I know quality wise there is nothing to talk about but I am just curious about the speed factor.

and a side note...the new mustang is ugglllyyy. lol im pretty sure it has nothing more than 304 horsepower. and even if it does, it will probably fall apart while you race. :)

just checked, it has 300 horsepower...so u have nothing to worry about. Plus, its a 4.0 liter engine...heavier car i think that our japanese cars. Oh, and for some reason, even with less power, lexus cars seem to accelerate near or faster than other cars. interesting

Your friend should have waited for the '07 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500, complete with 450-plus horsepower.

It's still nothing to worry about though.... they're very easy to pass when they're broken down on the side of the road. :lol:

:D

I'll be honest... I kinda like the new Mustangs, but this is probably because I've been a Mustang fan since I was young, riding in my father's 69 2+2 Fastback... insanely fast car.

The new Mustang takes a lot of it's looks from the older 60's styling, so I like it.

And there's also something to be said about the growl of a new GT.

That being said, I'd have to be sh*ting Tiffany Cufflinks to drop $40,000 on a Ford POS.

I keep a car for 5-6 years, and drop TONS of miles on them... the Mustangs would never be able to hold up in the long run.

Can't wait to get the Lexus :P

:D

I'll be honest... I kinda like the new Mustangs, but this is probably because I've been a Mustang fan since I was young, riding in my father's 69 2+2 Fastback... insanely fast car.

The new Mustang takes a lot of it's looks from the older 60's styling, so I like it.

And there's also something to be said about the growl of a new GT.

That being said, I'd have to be sh*ting Tiffany Cufflinks to drop $40,000 on a Ford POS.

I keep a car for 5-6 year, and drop TONS of miles on them... the Mustang would never be able to hold up in the long run.

Can't wait to get the Lexus :P

Yes, the sound of the car is exhilating, like the new Audi RS4, man. Also, i guess the reason why i dont like the look of the mustang is that its going back in time...personally i believe we should move forward, not backwards. lol I would definitely buy a lexus with that kinda money :P

Your friend should have waited for the '07 Ford Shelby Cobra GT500, complete with 450-plus horsepower.

It's still nothing to worry about though.... they're very easy to pass when they're broken down on the side of the road. :lol:

Ya, I put down $1K last May for a Shelby GT500 and the dealer is now taking orders. 20K markup over 42K MSRP for "friends" of the dealer. All others, 40K over MSRP. Which hole did they crawl out of? I put my money down on a new IS350 and it's my first non-American car. I'll never buy the "Blue Oval" again.

Ya, I put down $1K last May for a Shelby GT500 and the dealer is now taking orders. 20K markup over 42K MSRP for "friends" of the dealer. All others, 40K over MSRP. Which hole did they crawl out of? I put my money down on a new IS350 and it's my first non-American car. I'll never buy the "Blue Oval" again

Are you saying that they are asking $40,000 above MSRP, for a total of $82,000 ???

Maybe it's the delivery charges.

I understand that Planet Claire is light years away.

;)

Ya, I put down $1K last May for a Shelby GT500 and the dealer is now taking orders. 20K markup over 42K MSRP for "friends" of the dealer. All others, 40K over MSRP. Which hole did they crawl out of? I put my money down on a new IS350 and it's my first non-American car. I'll never buy the "Blue Oval" again

Are you saying that they are asking $40,000 above MSRP, for a total of $82,000 ???

Maybe it's the delivery charges.

I understand that Planet Claire is light years away.

;)

Yes, $82,000 !!!! For a Mustang !!!! I could buy the Z06 for that. There still from another planet other than mine. Hey, your from my home state, Planet Medford.