1993 Es300 Engine Mount

took my 93 es300 to the Lexus dealer because of a nasty noise coming from underneath the car whenever I press the gas pedal. They say the engine mounts must be replaced, they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to do so. I am very handy and have done many reparis myself to this car but never like this. Is it very difficult ? is it something I could do in my garage ?

thanks

took my 93 es300 to the Lexus dealer because of a nasty noise coming from underneath the car whenever I press the gas pedal. They say the engine mounts must be replaced, they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to do so. I am very handy and have done many reparis myself to this car but never like this. Is it very difficult ? is it something I could do in my garage ?

thanks

You can DIY. Search these forums and you will find too much info on the procedure. ;)

Start here: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...hl=engine+mount

Ya, there's really not all that much to the big 2 mounts.

what about the tranny mount and the engine mount shockabsorber ?

I have found the dog bone mount and the big mount easy to get, almost every online store has it but i cannot find the tranny mount or the engine mount shock absorber.

thanks again

The transmission mount on the driver's side is not hard to change, but a little tricky.

The shock absorber IDK anyone that's changed one.

The rear mount is a pita. The transmission mount isn't bad.

Ok, I won't change the shock absorber then.

I have been looking at them, The trasnmission mount and the dog bone mount look fairly easy.

The one that is directly and almost under the radiator, mmm, is big, is it hard to change ? does it brake ? is it really worth changing ?

also, this online store send me these pictures of the engine mounts.

post-23086-1142003460_thumb.jpg

A6232

Dog Bone on top of the engine passenger side

post-23086-1142003471_thumb.jpg

A6251

I am not sure where this one is, the store says is also a automatic transmisson mount

post-23086-1142003479_thumb.jpg

A6257

I think is the tranny mount by the driver side ??

post-23086-1142003488_thumb.jpg

A7253

is the Big one almost right under the radiator of the car

thanks again for the help, if everything goes Ok i will start doing it this weekend, I will take pictures and maybe I can post a tutorial of how to do this with images and all, (this in case I don't screw it up)

THANKS

I was told by a mechanic that my rear engine mount needs to be replace, Went to autozone order it for 33.00$, and will have it done by monday afternoon around 35.00$ for labor........I was checking all my mounts and the dogbone looks fairly easy to DIY so does the Front mount right by my oil filter, I was told that the rear mount is easy to get from undeneath the vehicle, by removing the axel after that is fairly easy...

I was told by a mechanic that my rear engine mount needs to be replace, Went to autozone order it for 33.00$, and will have it done by monday afternoon around 35.00$ for labor........I was checking all my mounts and the dogbone looks fairly easy to DIY so does the Front mount right by my oil filter, I was told that the rear mount is easy to get from undeneath the vehicle, by removing the axel after that is fairly easy...

which one is the rear mount ? is it in the images I posted ? I am confused because different people call the mounts different things, where is it located ?

RearMount1.jpg

RearMount2.jpg

Rear engine mount...

Hey! If you've got a split CV boot tho, literally there is no better time to replace the half-shaft on that side than right now.

damn, thos images look like a tough job, what axle is obstructing ? does the axle must come off ?

The passanger axle. It goes through the middle of the mount... <_< :chairshot:

I'm guessing that they had the brilliant idea. <Insert JDM speak> "Wait! I've got it! We'll rock the engine back ANOTHER 10* Causing all the rear gaskets to prematurely fail in an attempt to lower the engine height!" Then a month later somebody says, "Ummmmmm, guys... We don't have any room for a rear engine mount anymore..." & all the engineers give each other a wtf look.

Yep! "This classic wtf engineering moment has been brought to you by Doritos!"

The passanger axle. It goes through the middle of the mount... <_< :chairshot:

I'm guessing that they had the brilliant idea. <Insert JDM speak> "Wait! I've got it! We'll rock the engine back ANOTHER 10* Causing all the rear gaskets to prematurely fail in an attempt to lower the engine height!" Then a month later somebody says, "Ummmmmm, guys... We don't have any room for a rear engine mount anymore..." & all the engineers give each other a wtf look.

Yep! "This classic wtf engineering moment has been brought to you by Doritos!"

:wacko: LOL man, I will get it replace either tomorrow or monday morning, I was told by the mechanic it will be a 35.00$ dollar job.

which one is the rear mount ? is it in the images I posted ? I am confused because different people call the mounts different things, where is it located ?

The best way to check if your rear mount is bad, is to get somebody that can drive a good, and carefull driver to put the car in reverse, and to push the gas you will see if it needs to be replace..

RearMount1.jpg

RearMount2.jpg

Rear engine mount...

Hey! If you've got a split CV boot tho, literally there is no better time to replace the half-shaft on that side than right now.

Can you circle somehow where the actual mount is ? I don't understand this images.

thanks

RearMount1.jpg

RearMount2.jpg

Rear engine mount...

Can you circle somehow where the actual mount is ? I don't understand this images.

thanks

never mind I just realized it

RearMount1.jpg

RearMount2.jpg

Rear engine mount...

thanks

never mind I just realized it

Well, here I am...

at first, I took my 93 es300 to the lexus dealer because a rumbling noise was coming from unerneath the car any time i pressed the gas pedal, in other words, if I let the car go without pressing the gas it is smooth an dnice, but when I press it and bting it up to around 3 to 4 rpm the rumbling noise starts... the dealer geve me a list of things wrong with the car among them the most obvious were the replacement of the engine mounts as a source of noise.

after consulting here, i purchased the mounts and replaced them. was a hell of the job to replace all of them but I did it, very happy about saving all that money I to take it for a ride to enjoy a noiseless ride, to my dispair, the noise is still there as loud as it was before replacing the mounts !!

any ideas waht could cause that noise ?

Well, here I am...

at first, I took my 93 es300 to the lexus dealer because a rumbling noise was coming from unerneath the car any time i pressed the gas pedal, in other words, if I let the car go without pressing the gas it is smooth an dnice, but when I press it and bting it up to around 3 to 4 rpm the rumbling noise starts... the dealer geve me a list of things wrong with the car among them the most obvious were the replacement of the engine mounts as a source of noise.

after consulting here, i purchased the mounts and replaced them. was a hell of the job to replace all of them but I did it, very happy about saving all that money I to take it for a ride to enjoy a noiseless ride, to my dispair, the noise is still there as loud as it was before replacing the mounts !!

any ideas waht could cause that noise ?

Redescribe the current noise. What kind of rumbling? Could just be a leaking exhaust pipe.

no, is not the exhaust, thanks.

the car was running fine, one day i went over a pothole covered by water, apparently something was inside that hit under the car somewhere... after that the noise started... it happens hen i accelerate about 3 to 4 k RPM is like a vibration of low frequency...