Redline Water Wetter

Lexusfreak

Is anyone currently using (or has used in the past) Redline Water Wetter in their cooling system? :unsure:

I've heard it's pretty good stuff & am considering giving it a try in my ES & Forester. Any feedback on the subject is appreciated. B)

:cheers:

Is anyone currently using (or has used in the past) Redline Water Wetter in their cooling system? :unsure:

I've heard it's pretty good stuff & am considering giving it a try in my ES & Forester. Any feedback on the subject is appreciated. B)

Just so the folks out there know what Lexusfreak is talking about: http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/redtech3.htm

I personally never tried/used the stuff.

No freeze protection in water wetter.

No freeze protection in water wetter.

Can you elaborate on that Mike? I'm not really considering it for the benefit of freeze protection. Have you used it? :unsure:

No I know many bike owner that have. Did nothing in fact. Same with Engine Ice. But Engine Ice has some good things like it will not harm animals.

I know some people that have used this:

http://www.kwickkool.com

The kwickkool is a similar idea to the Redline Water Wetter.....was just wondering if I would get any benefit as I just did a coolant flush a short while ago so I'm considering adding half a bottle to my recovery tank & the other half to our Forester. Quite popular with the Subi's actually. B)

The kwickkool is a similar idea to the Redline Water Wetter.....was just wondering if I would get any benefit as I just did a coolant flush a short while ago so I'm considering adding half a bottle to my recovery tank & the other half to our Forester. Quite popular with the Subi's actually. B)

Anyone ? http://www.evanscooling.com/main25.htm

Ever notice none of the middle aged and older Toyota Dealer Master Techs, Lexus Dealer Master Techs on this forum (e.g. mehullica) or others promote the use of coolant, fuel or oil additives ?? Is it reasonable to think these professionals with a lifetime of experience are ignorant of the purported benefits of auto parts store addtives?

Ever notice none of the middle aged and older Toyota Dealer Master Techs, Lexus Dealer Master Techs on this forum (e.g. mehullica) or others promote the use of coolant, fuel or oil additives ?? Is it reasonable to think these professionals with a lifetime of experience are ignorant of the purported benefits of auto parts store addtives?

Here we go again! :rolleyes: :whistles:

Freak, Did you expect anything different ? :lol::lol::lol:

Freak, Did you expect anything different ? :lol::lol::lol:

Nope, lol.....suprised it took him this long. :lol::lol:

Anybody else with Redline Water Wetter experience? :whistles:

That would be monarch's way of saying: "Why no, I haven't."

I hear ya. :lol: I should have thought ahead & asked Anybody else except Monarch with WW experience lol. :blink: :whistles:

I hear ya. :lol: I should have thought ahead & asked Anybody else except Monarch with WW experience lol. :blink: :whistles:

Stop the insanity :lol::lol::lol::cheers:

I love water wetter. ID how it works, but the inhibitor package is supreme & it does get coolant to transfer more heat. I've been using it with just water in this water cooled PC since 2001, along with my cars. Copper water block, aluminum Ford heater core, no antifreeze. Just water+WW.

I tore this system apart a few months ago to dissasemble the water block & clean the pump out. Neither showed any signs of corrosion from having used an aluminum radiator. (Try that with straight water, or water/antifreeze & use the yearly flush interval I use and you'll have it everywhere.)

(Measured by my compunurse) The introduction of the correct amount of WW drops straight water coolant temp 2C after the heatercore and CPU die temp 1C.

You wouldn't catch me not using it... *Especially* in Today's Aluminum block engines that have mixed copper components in them. Aluminum + Copper = a huge problem. Wasn't such a big deal 20 year ago when no engine had iron parts... Iron + Copper, or Iron + Aluminum. Now you get everything, Iron + Aluminum + Copper.

monarch, next time you want to think that old, and middle aged people have the last word on everything. How about you realize, with you *abundance* of knowledge, and "life experiance". That your !Removed! hasn't been around mixed cooling systems in engines any longer than anyone else's has.

I will be putting the WW in my Lexus & Subi later this evening......just in the recovery tank is all that is needed. Also, it does not alter the freezing point at all of the coolant. ;) Thanks for your replies everyone! B)

monarch, next time you want to think that old, and middle aged people have the last word on everything. How about you realize, with you *abundance* of knowledge, and "life experiance". That your !Removed! hasn't been around mixed cooling systems in engines any longer than anyone else's has.

Old and middle aged people know how to take advantage of young people, both physically (Catholic priests)

entertainment wise (selling them drugs and 2 Fast, 2 Furious type movies) and economically (specialty lube and additive salesmen). However, they have little or no luck taking advantage of big businesses (they have no luck selling additives, specialty lubes and specialty filters to FedEx, UPS or other courier or delivery businesses or the automakers themselves).

Practical case in point: If water wetter type products really worked WITHOUT significant adverse side effects then a prime candidate market for the products would be the recreational vehicle and trailer towing market. But my parents and / or I have been subscribed to Motorhome and Trailer Life magazines for the past 30 years and in all that time Water Wetter type products have never gained a good reputation or loyal following

in that prime candidate market.

I will be putting the WW in my Lexus & Subi later this evening......

I saw that one coming. :whistles:

The age deal really bothers him… Maybe AARP threw him out?

Old and middle aged people know how to take advantage of young people, both physically (Catholic priests)

entertainment wise (selling them drugs and 2 Fast, 2 Furious type movies) and economically (specialty lube and additive salesmen). However, they have little or no luck taking advantage of big businesses (they have no luck selling additives, specialty lubes and specialty filters to FedEx, UPS or other courier or delivery businesses or the automakers themselves).

As for you two mburn and monarch......KNOCK IF OFF. You both act like grade school children sometimes.

Keep this thread on topic or it gets closed down. Final warning.

steviej

As for you two mburn and monarch......KNOCK IF OFF. You both act like grade school children sometimes.

Keep this thread on topic or it gets closed down. Final warning.

steviej

Again Steve, not causing any issues but I am very tired of the age discrimation, American engineers blah blah etc with this guy. This is not the first time I had to post with him since it is NOT a one way street. I personly feel when someone posts on this it opens the door to everyone else; me included. I also noticed others that "added fuel to the fire". LOL

Stop the source and maybe it will stop the rest.

As I noted before, please feel free to PM or email me on this issue. You can close this thread if you wish; did not start it (thread) nor care.