2006 Gs 430 Dashboard Rattles

Hi,

I have a 2006 GS and it has developed a rattle in the dash - near passenger side A frame and top speaker.

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and found a fix?? If so can you let me know what the fix was and I can pass it onto Lexus UK who are struggling to correct it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Rillo :)

Hi,

I have a 2006 GS and it has developed a rattle in the dash - near passenger side A frame and top speaker.

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and found a fix?? If so can you let me know what the fix was and I can pass it onto Lexus UK who are struggling to correct it.

Still under warranty so let the dealer figure it out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Still under warranty so let the dealer figure it out for you.

I had the same problem--It could be the clips holding in the air bag in the pillar. Now I have a rattle coming from the driver side vent. Has anyone had that problem?

I test drove a new 2006 GS430 a couple months ago and noticed the top speaker rattling as well. The salesperson that was along for the test drive didn't know where it was coming from but I pinpointed the source right away. If I pressed down on the top speaker the rattle went away. Very disturbing for a new car to exhibit this sort of problem, doesn't convey quality.

you know i was thinking, all cars seem to have these problems, whether rattle, or electrical (german cars). Why dont they just make the cars, run tests on them for like a month, and then sell them. If they do that already, there not doing a very good job.

Right now the rattles are one of my main complaints. I have a really irritating rattle coming from somewhere on the right side of the Nav screen near the ashtray. I also have the driver's side speaker problem. There is Technical Bulletin on the speaker rattle, dated Sep 15th 2005 (AU001-05). The I'm sure the dealer would fix the rattles, but he told me he would have to take apart the whole dash, and it would take at least a full day.

Right now the rattles are one of my main complaints. I have a really irritating rattle coming from somewhere on the right side of the Nav screen near the ashtray. I also have the driver's side speaker problem. There is Technical Bulletin on the speaker rattle, dated Sep 15th 2005 (AU001-05). The I'm sure the dealer would fix the rattles, but he told me he would have to take apart the whole dash, and it would take at least a full day.

I have a 06 GS300 AWD and had a very bad problem with dash rattle. In fact, for once in my life, the problem got a lot worse when I was driving it to the dealer (instead of getting better or going away when I got there). They kept it for a day and it was fine. The dealer told me it was the clips under the dash.

Now I'm getting more rattles and have to troubleshoot where it is. I have to empty my car completely of all misc junk first. It may be my CD's in the glovebox.

RanKZero

06 GS300 AWD

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd update you on the rattles in my November 2005 GS :

Symptoms :

- creaking from upper vents under windscreen

- rattle from deep inside centre dash

- rattle / knock from passenger door/window/a frame

- dash flexing over big bumps

- creaking centre console

Lexus UK actually took a GS apart and discovered that some of the spot welds at the back of dash were faulty and once rewelded the dash flex and noise was vastly reduced. Luckily it appears mine didn't need welding and was solved by :

- Dash removed and all contact surfaces felted / padded (5 day job ouch )

- Mark Levinson stereo - connector cables padded

- Upper speaker grills removed, padded and refitted

- scuttle plate removed and refitted with felt.

- centre console tightened.

- passenger a frame trim removed to allow tightening of wiring loom.

Result = silent dash so far.

Only one rattle to fix and that is passenger door which sounds like window rattling but according to Lexus is actually faulty door panel/card.

Rillo :cheers:

This is very discouraging and totally unacceptable that a $50,000 car has all these issues with rattles and the need for spot welds due to the body flex causing all this noise. I thought the Lexus was whisper quite. I may be rethinking my purchase of the 07 GS350. I'm glad I found this forum.

It is true, the dashboard rattles are common on most of 2006 GS models due to its rough ride. I do not think 07 GS350 will improve if Lexus can not solve the rough ride condition.

Car will become stiffer after 10,000 mile or 12,000 mile. I was told by the Lexus technician that the rough ride is normal on all 2006 GS models and they can not do any thing about it but to tell the the customers the rough ride is normal.

<06 GS300AWD, 5900 miles> Every single 06 owner that I have met, emailed or otherwise communicated with has these exact same complaints. Mine never made a sound until after I got it back from the 5K service. Now I have creaks and squeeks coming from more places than I can even count. Definitely rattles from the nav-area, the ashtray, top left of dash, the NEW seat belt tensioner, and around the instrument panel.

Last Christmas, I bought my wife the 06 RX330, and she got me the 06 GS300AWD. We're loving her car and hating mine. The GS looks great, some of the best lines of any mainstream car in years. But the noises inside are just inexcusable.

During the 5K service, Lexus Service kept my car for a full week, and can't even offer a possible solution to the transmission problems. But that's another thread.

This is very discouraging and totally unacceptable that a $50,000 car has all these issues with rattles and the need for spot welds due to the body flex causing all this noise. I thought the Lexus was whisper quite. I may be rethinking my purchase of the 07 GS350. I'm glad I found this forum.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd update you on the rattles in my November 2005 GS :

Symptoms :

- creaking from upper vents under windscreen

- rattle from deep inside centre dash

- rattle / knock from passenger door/window/a frame

- dash flexing over big bumps

- creaking centre console

Lexus UK actually took a GS apart and discovered that some of the spot welds at the back of dash were faulty and once rewelded the dash flex and noise was vastly reduced. Luckily it appears mine didn't need welding and was solved by :

Result = silent dash so far.

Only one rattle to fix and that is passenger door which sounds like window rattling but according to Lexus is actually faulty door panel/card.

Rillo :cheers:

well all rattles now fixed but it took Lexus GB 18 days to do it!!!

so the fix list has been :

- windshield removed, refitted with new trim and clips

- passenger and driver door window trims replaced

- passenger and driver door cards removed, padded refitted

- centre console padded and re-tightened

- passenger and driver seatbelt anchors replaced and padded

- b pillar trim padded and refitted

quite frankly a pain in the &#33;Removed&#33; but now it's all done my GS is nice and quiet :) Still get a rare creak over big pothles but this is more down to the new GS suspension having the absorbancy of pig iron! So if anyone else has a problem show your dealer this list or get them to contact Lexus GB.

• 2 months later...

i came on here to figure out how to turn my oil change reqd light off and now i am going to have to take my gs in to fix the rattles. i thought it was all in my head with these rattles, but now i see that it is a problem and i am not crazy. my wife thinks i am just too anal, but if i am spending this kind of money i want my car to be quiet.

Yeah, my car has 1740 miles on it and this morning all of a sudden a major rattle developed in the center of the dash. Damn, that is frustrating.

It is to the point where it is so loud that people will comment on it if they ride with me, I imagine, because it sounds like something loose is rattling around, not just a slight tap or anything.

Well, can't take it in for another week and a half, so we'll see.