Why I Love My Es300

SupraMan

This is a great car! Sure it's no M Series BMW, and that wind noise on the Gen 1 ES can be a pain on a long trip ... but what an automotive bargain, especially if it has been cared for by previous owners. Hey where else can you get something for $6,000 that people say 'nice car' and 'geez, aren't we moving on up' to you? The 1MZ platform has to be one of the most reliable made, with parts plentiful from all the sister Toyota's out there. It's perfect as my realtor car ~ I can put lots of miles on it without depreciating the value OR worrying about it not being reliable. It presents me well as a professional without a huge monthly payment to keep it up. There's not lots of modding options, so we won't be burning the wallet on upgrades. :lol:

It rides great, not a sports car BUT kicked a** up in West Virginia back roads on a trip just after I bought the car last fall. Kinda shocked me actually, the ES was much quicker in the twisty mountain roads that I suspected. I kept the engine on the boil with the A/T in 2nd and 3rd with overdrive off; revs over 4,000 actually give some smart acceleration and surprisingly entertaining. The brakes are powerful, especially with ceramic pad upgrades. This is a fun car to play with. :P

I wanted a 98+ GS before I located this bargain ES 300, but see no advantage doing so now unless it's the eight banger. And then, it will cost a bundle over what I drive presently. You can't find good GS 400's with lotsa miles that haven't been spanked ~ at least I haven't found one reasonably priced with good miles and condition (yet)!

Lots of people want the newest and fastest, but this car is much more than adequate for just about all my needs for not much money. Speed? That's where the 600 rwhp Turbo Supra comes in ...

glad you like it, i feel the same way with my 93 with over 200k miles on it......

I know exactly what you mean, I have a 93 with 180+ on it and it runs better than alot of new cars on the road. :cheers:

i actually like the 95 (i think?)-2001 better then the new ones. We own both, but the driving experience is more pleasing on the older generation (no transmission lag) and its lower to the ground then the current generation.

i actually like the 95 (i think?)-2001 better then the new ones. We own both, but the driving experience is more pleasing on the older generation (no transmission lag) and its lower to the ground then the current generation.

That's not a great thing if you go up very steeply angled drivways lol....I wish I had at least another 1/4 - 1/2" of ground clearance to be honest. B)

:cheers: