My 2006 Gs300 Awd Is Deaaaad Please Help

hello my 2006 gs300 awd started smoking about 2 weeks ago. I took it into a dealership and they told me that it was a gasket of some sort. It has been two weeks and my car is still at the dealer in pieces they have pulled out my tranny and engine and its sitting next to my car. This is my first lexus and the only reason i bought this over the e class was reliability and customer care of which i am getting very little right now. The dealer says that none of his techs know how to fix this issue so they are calling in a regional tech from nyc, the car is sitting in syracuse at a dealer. the car has 24,000 miles on it. They took pictures of it and have send them to japan for analyzing........I DO NOT THINK THAT LEXUS SHOULD BE SOLVING THERE PROBLEMS AT MY $55,000 expense.

I have called lexus in torrence california and they have not been any help......well they said sorry and gave me a rx to drive WTF? I will be posting pics soon.

PLease to all new gs owners there are bugs with this vehicle, this is the price you pay for buying first year production well i purchased in aug 05.

any reccomendations on what i can do to solve this problem before i call my lawyer?????

lol, sorry to hear about that. This doesnt usually happen, but new production cars always have little problems. well not little in this case. At least they gave you a car to use right? What will probably happen is that if this cannot be solved within another month, they will replace the car most likely under the lemon law of some sort.

damn, now that just sucks! I'm sorry to hear that man.

What color was the smoke? White, black, brown, blue...??

Any strange noises, grinding sounds, bad smells?

Did the gas mileage start to suffer, loss of power, hard shifting in the transmission??

Tell us more on the symptoms you had and maybe we can help. If you had no grinding noises, hard shifting, etc...then I would think it would be in the engine and not transmission. Man, I'm sorry to hear about your car. I wonder since it's all wheel drive, and you live in the snow belt, that if you didn't hit a slick spot, the wheels started to spin fast, then it hit a dry spot, got traction and put too much torque in the system? I used to have a subaru outback many years ago, and I know some of those cars would have major problems when a driver would goose the gas on a slick spot, then the wheels would hit dry pavement and would torque out the drivetrain and engine. Sort of like redlining your engine in neutral, then slamming it into drive. Maybe you didn't know you hit a slick spot and this is what happened?

either way, i have confidence that Lexus will take care of you. they're famous for taking care of their customers. My car is 11 years old, and they treat me like it's a brand new car. have faith, they'll make it right by you...

Well, the GS has been out for a while. Were there serious bugs with the vehicle we certainly would have heard about it by now. While unfortunate, it seems like your issue is an isolated one.

Has the dealer pointed you in any direction as to what they think the issue is? 24k is a lot for a car thats only 6 months old, have you regularly maintained the car throughout that period?

From your post you are more concerned about swaying a potential GS owner away to another vehicle make than buying the GS.

It is a problem with your specific car not a problem with the GS model otherwise they would know exactly what is wrong.

If you have been without the car for 2 weeks then ask them at what point they will replace the car with a new one.

Also you said it started 2 weeks ago but then also said the car was in the shop for the past 2 weeks?

Which one is it?..............

How long have you had the car and its milage?

i love my car and just want it back, I have no intention of swaying gs potential owners away from the brand. I am just stateing the facts on how i am being treated. Some gasket blew and that oil was leaking on another part of the engine and casueing it to smike

From your post you are more concerned about swaying a potential GS owner away to another vehicle make than buying the GS.

It is a problem with your specific car not a problem with the GS model otherwise they would know exactly what is wrong.

I have to agree with SK here. The tone of your post indicates that you either want to complain for the sake of doing it and/or negatively influence potential buyers. The E-class that you refer to has a well-deserved horrible reputation for reliability, maintenance, tech difficulties, etc. The GS does not. Quite the opposite. And this is far from the first production year for the GS - try 10+.

Your smoking drivetrain problem, whereas quite unfortunate, is obviously a one-off - not a pattern. Obviously Lexus has never heard of this problem, and it sounds like they are extending every available courtesy. They are keeping you posted on developments and giving you a great loaner-car (MB would give you a POS C-Class). What more could you ask for??

Their Customer Care is almost legendary in the auto world. If they need to replace your entire drivetrain or issue a new vehicle, that's what will happen. That's Lexus.

The GS is far from buggy. I'm sure other LOC Members can tell you exactly how many tech bulletins have been issued, but I'm quite confident that the number is far below industry average.

You asked for recommendations? Yeah - CHILL OUT. Your car has a mechanical problem and the dealer is doing everything humanly possible. And why even bother with the emtpy threats about calling an attorney? On what grounds?? You miss your car? I might be mistaken, but I don't think that's a crime.

Well, Lexus customer care may be legendary, but we've seen many instances here where its hard to get stupendous service in instances like this. As for the first year of production, he means the most recent model and he's right, the GS was totally redesigned for 06.

Anyways, thats why we need more information. What is the dealer waiting for, what have they told you, have you maintained the vehicle properly? Etc

He is certainly within his rights to a refund under his state's lemon law if the vehicle counts as a lemon according to his state's statutes. With 25k miles already (thats 4200 miles a month!) I doubt it will be considered a lemon after one two week stint at the dealer.

The time may come where he needs to contact an attorney, I don't think that time is now though.

What more could you ask for?

A $50,000 car that runs...

I can see his point of view, we just need more info before we can help him.

Unfortunately, that is the risk one takes with a vehicle in it's first year of production. However, I believe that Lexus will make this right with you in the end & you have full factory warranty.....I understand the frustration you feel with a new expensive luxury car & the fact it has been in the dealer for so long.....but this is one of the most serious problems I have heard to this extend (big bummer that it's you I know) with the new GS AWD. Your driving a Lexus loaner I take it? Keep in regular contact with the service manager as I assume you have been & in the end they will get to the bottom of this & your GS will be returned to you good as new! B)

:cheers:

i love my car and just want it back, I have no intention of swaying gs potential owners away from the brand. I am just stateing the facts on how i am being treated. Some gasket blew and that oil was leaking on another part of the engine and casueing it to smike

Hey I know how you feel.. I am having several issues w/ my 06 GS300 AWD, there is a rattle in the dashboard, which they have taken out 6 times and called a Lexus Engineer to come out and fix and yes the noise is still there, there is a klunking noise from the front end, which they told me was the brake pads slapping together and they replaced the shim kit and replaced the front brake pads, needless to say i still hear the noise. They put my dash back together and i feel as if it's going to fall on my lap when i go over a bump. My newest problem, it the moonroof has a mind of it's own. I push the close button and it opens, i push the down button and it opens.

I myself chose the Lexus over the E-500 4matic... but in a way regretting it.

Yes i was told don't buy a first year new model of a car... but i thought.. Hey this is Lexus and there shouldn't be any problems. I have purchased several low end cars, being new year, new model... etc..

Lexus customer care center..... no help at all.... Dealer...... no help at all. I feel like i am a yo-yo, going back and forth to the dealer... with absolutely no compensation whatsoever. I know how you feel. Anyone else having these problems, or any suggestions on what i can do and how do i go about exercising my rights for the Lemon Law. :cries: Please help.