Lexus Of Smithtown Long Island Parts Purchasing Policy

molocka12

I called Lexus of Smithtown parts department 2 weeks ago to ordered 2 door courtesy switches .

I was told by the part guy that they would not let me order the parts using a major credit card over phone because I did not purchase my Lexus from them.

I would of had to make a special trip over to them about a 30 - 40 minute ride one way for me depending on traffic to give the same credit card I could have given over the phone to save me a little time & hassle not to mention fuel.

The parts were $20 each so we are talking $40 .

What I would like to know is this a common policy with Lexus Dealers in your area ?

It appears to me more & more today that business act like they are doing you a favor by taking your money.

I ended up purchasing the same parts over the phone at a Smithtown Toyota Dealer

I told them the parts were for a 97 Toyota Land Cruiser. {Just in case }

The parts were $6 less than Lexus wanted. Also saving $5 in fuel & about 1 1/2 hours of travel time.

Most dealers who do not have you on file as buying a part before or a vehicle will not special order a part as they have no valid info that you will come and pick up the parts for sure. Otherwise they would have a stock room full of non returnable special order parts.

Most dealers who do not have you on file as buying a part before or a vehicle will not special order a part as they have no valid info that you will come and pick up the parts for sure. Otherwise they would have a stock room full of non returnable special order parts.

Actually I have purchase parts from them before . Also I was willing to pay in full for the parts on the phone using a major credit card.

Actually I have purchase parts from them before . Also I was willing to pay in full for the parts on the phone using a major credit card.

Hint: When ordering parts over the phone tell them you are a repair shop and your parts will be discounted substantially. I do it all the time with lexus of wayzata and they speedy deliver right to my door free of charge. What they don't know won't hurt them. ;)