Gps Antenna

Does anyone know where the gps antenna is located on the RX400? I'm going to put a cargo box on the roof rack and I'm worried about blocking the reception.

Thanks

I beleive it is in the same area where the mirror attached to the windscreen.

Does anyone know where the gps antenna is located on the RX400? I'm going to put a cargo box on the roof rack and I'm worried about blocking the reception.

Thanks

I assume your serious, did you notice the 6" long "antenna" right rear roof. It can fold down, that's the GPS antenna. Really can't miss it.

Thanks

I assume your serious, did you notice the 6" long "antenna" right rear roof. It can fold down, that's the GPS antenna. Really can't miss it.

Are you sure that antenna is not the second diversity radio antenna!!

One in window and that one??

picked up the phone and called my dealer. (car dealer)... he said the black one you see on the roof is for navigation AND there is one hidden in the headliner that you dont see, that also works for the gps. it is also in the back of the 400h. he has never had a cargo box inhibit any navigation system on this or any lexus vehicle. the stuff in the front window is not navigation.

Thanks for all the input. I also assumed that that little black antenna was for the radio.

Why then do all the RX330's I see all have this antenna even if they don't have nav. package?

• 4 weeks later...

The GPS antenna is located under the dashboard between the NAV display and the defroster vents.

I am sure itmdtr is right. It also says right in the owners manual that the black antenna is an extra radio antenna along with the one in the back window.

The Factory Parts Microfiche I have shows the black antenna as part of the nav system Parts listing.

It may have a dual function, but, I am inclined to say that it indeed is for the nav.