Auto-temp Controls?

94LexusES

Alright. I press the button and AUTO comes up and all. but nothing ever works. i've waited until the car warmed up and then pressed it and stil nothing. Anyone know how to work this :censored: thing?

Steven

Edited by 94LexusES

Alright, i'll give you a similar situation. This morning it was around 60 degrees. I press the auto button. Nothing comes on. The A/C button is lit. (because it was 60ish i guess).. nothing comes on. Otherdays when its freezing out. Ill turn it on, it says HOT. nothing. i have to manually do it.

Hello,

Let me see if I can explain the way I understood this auto system. When you turn your car on and set auto climate control on 70 degrees (outside the temperature is 87 degrees) your air condition will kick in and try to reach the 70 degrees. But, if the outside temp is 50 degrees and you set it on 70 degrees, your car will take time to get the heat because the car is cold. once your coolant reaches a certain temperature, it will start your heat with a one by one dash increase (fan speed). I hope that helps.

Thanks.

The A/C always comes on when you press the Auto button. It doesn't matter whether the weather is hot or cold. During cold weather, you need to turn off the A/C by pressing that button after you press the Auto button.

I don't follow what you mean by your statement "it says hot."

As Camlex stated, the system does not circulate air in cold weather until the engine warms up. This usually takes 2-3 miles of driving.

Thanks guys, but when i press the A/C button to turn it off the whole auto temp shuts off. ill give it a few tests today. thanks

Read your Manual! First off it's not "Auto Temp." The system can't read your mind and your car doesn't decide what temp to set - you do. In Auto mode the CCU uses its sensors and programs to deliver the optimal mix of fan speed, vent selection, and heat or A/C to reach the temp setting that you select.

When you put it in auto mode it will automatically turn on the A/C no matter what the temp is outside or inside the car. That does NOT necessarily mean that it is going to blow cold air. In the winter it uses the A/C compressor to remove excess moisture in the air that would otherwise fog up the windows. In the summer you will get cold air.

In the winter, you set the temp, press auto and the climate control will wait until the car warms up before it blows any air through the system. It is designed this way so that it will not blow cold air on you in the winter. If it's really cold outside it can take 5-10 minutes for the car to reach temp before the auto climate control starts blowing warm air.

If the CCU is in Auto mode, any time you touch ANY button on the system it will automatically turn off the Auto function because the car assumes that you want to control the settings manually (which is why you pushed the buttons to begin with right?).

IIRC the temp rang is 65-85 degrees F. Below that is says COLD which is max A/C at full fan speed and above that it says HOT which is max heat at full fan speed. Even if it says HOT it won't blow any air until the engine reaches temp.

Only two corrections to the above. If you use the defrost/defog/demist mode the blower will run before the engine water jacket is up to temperature, 130F. The A/C compressor will shut down anytime the OAT is consistently near or below freezing.

Yeah ill give some details. The car heats up. Ive tried it when its been running for awhile. sometimes even after its been running for an hour. Nothing comes on. The fan doesnt come on. No Air, hot or cold, blows out.

I dont know if this will help for u. But i read this on the LS forum... n it was originally started by SK.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=27124

Give it a shot. It might help a bit. Good luck n keep us posted.

Tom

Edited by kcpth

• 5 months later...