Toyota Antenna Mast For Es300?

I need to replace the antenna mast in my '93 ES300. The Lexus dealer wants $80 for the antenna. In some of the older posts I read that many Toyota parts are identical. Does anyone know what model and year Toyota antenna would work in my ES? Would it be a '93 Camry? Thanks!

well, I don't know if you have the same chains of auto parts stores where you are, but where I live, you can go to Pep Boys and pick a Toyota antenna mast up for $15, and it's every bit as good as any Denso part; after all, it doesn't really matter who makes it, as much as they are used, they're all gonna break eventually. Mine is about 2 or 3 months old, and no problems yet! I've had Denso antennas wear out quicker than that! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have searched through previous postings on Lexus ES300 Antenna Mast problem..

Needed some clarification please..

a) I have an antenna (Lexus ES300 1995) which comes out when the ignition is turned on, makes grinding noise; but does not go down, when ignition is turned off. Instead, it needs to be pushed down manually (makes grinding noise) and then goes in.

B) I saw a posting that a Camry 1995 part (Antenna Mast) may work. Has anyone tried it and is it OK to go ahead and buy the Camry part instead of the Lexus part..

Thanks