Headlight Replacement (pics Please!)

dj77

Hello!

I am looking for the step-by-step instructions with pics included on how to replace the front headlight on an ES300. I saw the directions about a year ago for a 1997 ES300 and cannot seem to locate them anymore?

I'd also like to know if anyone can give good instructions for adjusting the headlights on my '95 ES 300. (Yes, I did a keyword "search" and didn't come across this.) It looks very accessible, and I noticed the little bubble level window, the screws, etc., but I don't want to "assume" and screw up the mechanism. Is there a manual I can get that would cover some of these basic maintenance and adjustment things? The owner's manual doesn't cover that stuff. Since I'm upgrading to Silver Star low beams, do I need to point them lower? Any other advice on installing Silver Stars (other than not touching the bulb with bare fingers)?

-SG

dj77 download the '98 FSM I posted.

SteveyG download the '93 FSM I posted.

One screw goes up & down, one screw goes left & right. :blink: No, silverstars will not put enough light on the road for you to need to point them down below the spcification. You shouldn't be hitting more than about halfway up the average trunk.

That does not mean your headlights are aligned & not blinding people right now, or that your headlights are low, or off center.

At 20' the beam cut-off should be the same height off the ground as the headlights.

These are AWESOME! I don't see the FSM for the 1998 (which is my vehicle year). But I'm assuming I could find headlight replacement under the 1997 FSM?

yup

headlight are easy to get out remove the black top piecce that covers the whole front. remove the corner and under the corner are two 10mm bolts and just one more 10mm bolt on top of the headlight and pull it out.

Toys - Thanks for the FSMs! It took me awhile to get them unzipped, but WOW! is this valuable info. for owners. Thanks!!!

-SG

how did you unzip it. I have been trying for days and get nowhere. Please help. thanks.

pmopmo