New 2006 Led Tail Light For Earlier Sc Models

ma$e

Hi

As you know, the new 2006 SC430 comes with remodelled tail lights including LED. As far as I know the housing is exactly the same so that you should be able to replace the old style tail light with the new 2006 tail light. L-tuned parts offers this upgrade for 290 USD per side which seems to be rather expensive.

I thought about ordering the new LED tail lights at my local Lex dealer, but I am not sure what I actually have to order: I assume I need some new wiring as well... has anyone got an idea?

I have got the set up scheme of both the older tail light and the 2006 version in a word doc. If anyone needs this, just send me a PM.

Thanks for your help!

yea 290 a piece sounds about right.

Thanks for your comments. I went to my dealer to have a look at the set up plans. For the upgrade you require the complete lamp housing, new wiring for each side and an orange 7440 turn light bulb. You simply have to change the bulb sockets and attach a connector for the Led. Seems rather easy... All together cost me USD 195.- per side. Wiring has to be ordered from Japan though...takes 2-4 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your comments. I went to my dealer to have a look at the set up plans. For the upgrade you require the complete lamp housing, new wiring for each side and an orange 7440 turn light bulb. You simply have to change the bulb sockets and attach a connector for the Led. Seems rather easy... All together cost me USD 195.- per side. Wiring has to be ordered from Japan though...takes 2-4 weeks.

That's a pretty good price. Did you get both the upper and lower lights? The new ones do sit differently and there will be a gap if you do not get the top housing too. I don't know about the cars in Europe, but the US cars will get the "lamp out" indicator when you do the swap. The load from the LEDs and the old bulbs are different so it confuses the car.

That's a pretty good price. Did you get both the upper and lower lights? The new ones do sit differently and there will be a gap if you do not get the top housing too. I don't know about the cars in Europe, but the US cars will get the "lamp out" indicator when you do the swap. The load from the LEDs and the old bulbs are different so it confuses the car.

I did the conversion yesterday and I must say it is a real upgrade to the car. The Leds look really great! I had to do some wire cutting but that was very easy.

Good point about the gap. I only bought the lower lamp housing and have this gap now. Will get the upper housing tomorrow (its not a light though, just a red plastic). That will cost another 50 USD per side which brings the total to 250. Seems rather weird that this red plastic thing costs more than 50 bucks each...

And yes, the lamp out sign is on. Could be fixed with load resistors...wouldn't recommend that though as they become very hot and I wouldnt want to risk finding my SC burned down one day :cries:

I also can recommend the PIAA mirror orange turn light bulbs. They are cool...

Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...