2005 Es330, Are Hid Headlight Standard? Also How Easy To Install Navig

SoufSidah09

I did a search and found no clear answer on either. I have an 05 ES330 where the headlights were stolen and wires were cut. I'm pulling the wires from an 2002 ES300 will I be able to buy OEM 2005 complete HID setup with housing/ballast/motor and fit it to the 2002 ES300 wiring? or is it different?

Also how dificult would it be to install the 05 nav into my non nav car? I don't mind running a few wires while I have the car apart..

^ Found a thread on this but people got off on a tangent and never answered the original posters question.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I did a search and found no clear answer on either. I have an 05 ES330 where the headlights were stolen and wires were cut. I'm pulling the wires from an 2002 ES300 will I be able to buy OEM 2005 complete HID setup with housing/ballast/motor and fit it to the 2002 ES300 wiring? or is it different?

Also how dificult would it be to install the 05 nav into my non nav car? I don't mind running a few wires while I have the car apart..

^ Found a thread on this but people got off on a tangent and never answered the original posters question.

Thanks for your help in advance.

should have no problem... if u wanted to get techinical depending on how your wires were cut. i could get away with out needing a wiring harness. bu that is something i would have to see...

If the lights were stolen, why not just have your insurance pay to have Lexus replace the headlamp system properly and avoid voiding the warranty?

I agree but what if his insurance deductible is $1,000 and the lights are only like $1,500. What about his rate hike in the end?

There won't be a rate hike for a comprehensive claim like there would be for a collision claim. Plus, I doubt his comprehensive deductible is $1,000, its probably more like $500.

What you're talking about is voiding the warranty surely on the lighting system (which includes the lamp housings, auto leveling system, ballasts, etc) Could also void the warranty on the entire electrical system who knows, on a brand new car. Not worth it to save a few bucks IMHO.

If the lights were stolen, why not just have your insurance pay to have Lexus replace the headlamp system properly and avoid voiding the warranty?

Thanks for the reply guys.

The theft was a bit more than the headlights...

lexus.jpg

Anyway insurance is not involved here, I'm putting the car back together, and called the dealer, the parts guy stated that the wiring harness is different for the headlights in 05 vs. 02 and it wouldn't fit, I'll snap a pic of the o2 harness and then how they were cut on my 05, I'd like to see if the stealer, I mean dealer was full of s**t.

Thanks again guys. B)

Thanks for the reply guys.

The theft was a bit more than the headlights...

lexus.jpg

Anyway insurance is not involved here, I'm putting the car back together, and called the dealer, the parts guy stated that the wiring harness is different for the headlights in 05 vs. 02 and it wouldn't fit, I'll snap a pic of the o2 harness and then how they were cut on my 05, I'd like to see if the stealer, I mean dealer was full of s**t.

Thanks again guys. B)

Was the car stolen then chopped? Or was this done on the street?

Oh...ouch!

Are you buying this as a salvage or is this your personal car?

And I was *BLEEP*ed because I have a ding they can't fix...

Salvage,

Frack! :cries:

I have an 02 donor I'm was using to swap the parts, but I'm screwed, all the connects are differnt, seats, doors, everything! I'll have to get an 05 donor..

Oh...ouch!

Are you buying this as a salvage or is this your personal car?

And I was *BLEEP*ed because I have a ding they can't fix...

Salvage,

Frack! :cries:

I have an 02 donor I'm was using to swap the parts, but I'm screwed, all the connects are differnt, seats, doors, everything! I'll have to get an 05 donor..

Good luck with the project, Damn, looks like too much work and may cost too much time/money to be worth it.