No Sound - Now No Power

Lexus had to have my car towed away this morning. The problem first of having no sound per my earlier post, now has progressed to my 400h having no power at all. The dealer has called and so far they have ruled out the battery, but there is no power going to any of the accessories or to start the car. My neighbors got a kick this morning seeing my new $50k hybrid on the back of a flatbed.

How many miles have you driven your RX so far? This is certainly the first I've read of such a failure, so I'm sure it's nothing for the rest of us to be alarmed about. Ours, as well as those belonging to the huge majority of owners who provide input to Consumer Reports, has been absolutely flawless.

I'll let you know when I find out. I wish I could say that this was the first time something has gone wrong with my 400h. Although in 13k miles, this is the first time it had to be towed in. It has been in the shop for a defective center console, defective rain sensor, the hard drive on the Nav failed and had to be totaly replaced. I still have squeeks and rattles that they have yet to fix. I'm driving a new 330 while it is in the shop, and although I miss the power of the 400h, to have a total quiet ride into work this morning was a real treat.

Lexus had to have my car towed away this morning. The problem first of having no sound per my earlier post, now has progressed to my 400h having no power at all. The dealer has called and so far they have ruled out the battery, but there is no power going to any of the accessories or to start the car. My neighbors got a kick this morning seeing my new $50k hybrid on the back of a flatbed.

In late May 2005, at 500 miles, my 400h failed completely. A week in the shop later determined a short in the auxillary battery (the 12V battery) that damaged many of the CPU's in the car. Resolution required flying parts to CA from Japan. Here's hoping you get your car back sooner. Details were posted in a different thread in June.

Well I have my 400H back. The good news is that it was an easy fix. There was a bad connection from the Aux battery that they did not notice at first. They charged it back up and reset the electronics and even the stereo works again! They have no idea what caused the sound to turn off, but once everything was reset, it was fine. Unfortunately I lost all my destination points on the Nav and my overall MPG is gone (it was at 26.1). At least my radio presets were still there!

• 1 year later...
Well I have my 400H back. The good news is that it was an easy fix. There was a bad connection from the Aux battery that they did not notice at first. They charged it back up and reset the electronics and even the stereo works again! They have no idea what caused the sound to turn off, but once everything was reset, it was fine. Unfortunately I lost all my destination points on the Nav and my overall MPG is gone (it was at 26.1). At least my radio presets were still there!

if your 12V Auxiliary battery is about to die, your radio won't boot up because the battery is that low I had this happen to me, as I was running off AUX power for about an hour and my radio shut off, that was odd, I went to start it up again, the car worked but the radio wouldn't boot up. Left on the headlights for another couple minutes ( I was adjusting the low beams) and i totally killed the battery). Off to the nearest advance auto parts to purchase a deep cycle battery!