I Suggest Everyone Try This Once, At Least!

I had the most fun I have had to date in my GS400 today! As some of you may or may not know, I am waiting on my tires to be delivered. I was rather bored today so I went to a open lot that I knew about and finished off the remaining rubber on the old tires with a friend of mine. And, yes, we had a camera with us! On film, we captured a couple burnouts and a nice doughnut. All I ask is that you aren't critical of my camera man, as he is a rookie. For the most part, the video turned out pretty :censored: good if I do say so myself.

I will be receiving the video either tonight or tom. I would love to share this video with everyone but I have not a clue how to post a video. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

I did something similiar before retiring my old tires.Took it out in the country and got them rolling smoke power braking it and then proceeded to rip them of for prob. and eigth mile.I too took vid but its on my phone and I cant figure out how to get it to my computer.Btw power braking isnt something I normaly do.

The video isn't great quality at all so I thought I would post a pic to do my baby justice. I def. reccomend that anyone thinking about stripping the paint from your grill to go ahead and do it. Very simple mod and takes no time at all for a huge improvement in the look of the front of the car.

695504_19_full.jpg

The video isn't great quality at all so I thought I would post a pic to do my baby justice.  I def. reccomend that anyone thinking about stripping the paint from your grill to go ahead and do it.  Very simple mod and takes no time at all for a huge improvement in the look of the front of the car.

695504_19_full.jpg

Yeah, I agree with the grille mod, It definetly beautifies the front of the GS. :cheers::cheers:

I did something similiar before retiring my old tires.Took it out in the country and got them rolling smoke power braking it and then proceeded to rip them of for prob. and eigth mile.I too took vid but its on my phone and I cant figure out how to get it to my computer.Btw power braking isnt something I normaly do.

what is power braking??? is that engine braking??? ;)

Power braking=Hold the brake down with your left foot (apply more pressure than normal) as you pound the gas with your right. The tires will begin to spin while you are holding still (or pretty still). I guess you don't have to use your left foot for the brake and right foot for the gas but I bet it would be very hard to do otherwise not to mention unsafe or maybe even down right stupid.

Never heard of Engine Braking. Unless you're talking about downshifting???? This is non-applicable at a dead stop though.

The video isn't great quality at all so I thought I would post a pic to do my baby justice. I def. reccomend that anyone thinking about stripping the paint from your grill to go ahead and do it. Very simple mod and takes no time at all for a huge improvement in the look of the front of the car.

695504_19_full.jpg

As far as stripping the paint from your grill. Are we talking about the stock grill on the GS400. I didn't know that it was painted? IF so what did you use to strip. Any info much appreciated. your GS is tight!!!

Thanks,

695504_19_full.jpg

As far as stripping the paint from your grill. Are we talking about the stock grill on the GS400. I didn't know that it was painted? IF so what did you use to strip. Any info much appreciated. your GS is tight!!!

Thanks,

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...l=chrome+grille

695504_19_full.jpg

Thanks,

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...l=chrome+grille

http://home.att.net/~dabaysidejill01/wsb/h...eID-798032.html

http://home.att.net/~dabaysidejill01/wsb/h...eID-798033.html

http://home.att.net/~dabaysidejill01/wsb/h...eID-798034.html

http://home.att.net/~dabaysidejill01/wsb/h...eID-798178.html

Nice Thanks....I know I need to search more before asking...

Just to recap what I found...I need to get:

Gel Paint Stripper

Finest possible steel wool

Home depot would have both of these?

Sides of Grille (inbetween the slats) don't get stripped?

Thanks again.

You got it, Although you could strip the whole grille if you wanted. Let us know how it turns out. HINT: Strip a few slats at a time And while your at it put a few coats of wax on the paint usually hidden by the grille sides ;)