1998 Lexus Lx470 For $24,999

dznguyen98023

I just bought a 1998 Lexus LX470 (47,100 miles) for $24,999. The car previously owned by two onwers before (first one was a leased on and he/she put 30,000 miles on the first year. The second owner put only 17,000 miles since 1999-2005). The car in perfect condition (except two of the chrom rims got rusted). Not sure if this is a good deal or not. This is my very first lexury car and I love it. However, I don't like the gas comumption that much (14-15 miles/gal)

• 2 weeks later...
I would say you got a great deal!  Enjoy!  Perfect condition and low miles.

Really..?? Edmunds pulls up a Dealer retail TMV for this mileage and condition of $22,250. Are you in the business?

I would agree. My brother is starting to shop for one and he said that he is definately seeing low $20's for newer models than a '98. While it probably wasn't a "killer" deal, it's still better than $28K on a new Trailblazer.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry to say you overpaid. But, this is a great vehicle that kicks the heck out of every other SUV on the road, with the exception of the Range Rover, which it is pretty much the same as..

PLus, your 98 looks almost identical to the '05.

Have fun. and Keep asking questions on here. I know the vehicle very well, and somehow, am newon this site, so I am an active responder.

• 8 months later...

I am sorry to say you overpaid. But, this is a great vehicle that kicks the heck out of every other SUV on the road, with the exception of the Range Rover, which it is pretty much the same as..

PLus, your 98 looks almost identical to the '05.

Have fun. and Keep asking questions on here. I know the vehicle very well, and somehow, am newon this site, so I am an active responder.

I cannot find the maintenance schedules on the owner manual and I don't really know what need to be done in term of maintenance schedules. Does any one know where to get this info? Currently, I put in almost 9k miles (55k+) on my 98 lexus since I bought it last fall (October 2005).

Its a good deal. These websites {KBB and Edmunds} generally don't account for True Market value. Pre0wned LX's still have great re-sale value. Secondly add in the factor how few are on the market. Definitely worth it. Its very hard to buy any Lexus for "book value} Most sell for $2k to $3k over that. Except here where everybody got theres for thousands less and the dealer threw in every option and free maintenance for life. Enjoy the truck.

• 2 months later...

heres how i see it. if u kept it for 5 years and put 12k a year its gonna have 100k or so ,at that point its gotta be worth 8-10 k .so 15-17k over 5 years is 3-3.5k a year or under 300 a month and ur driving one of the best most reliable and expensive trucks out there. enjoy the truck.