What To Look For In A Used Ls400

hi everyone, this is my 2nd post.

i asked the question, which is better, the ls400 or seville sts and with what i have read and your input, i will buy the lexus.

im looking for a 93 or 94, it looks like they sell for around 10,000k avg, is this about right?

i live in huntington beach, ca. so i will not have to deal with any rusty examples, i have herd they rust badly in snowy areas, anyway, what should i look for as far as finding a good model?

i have herd lexus will check the vin on any lexus? how does this work?

i have never driven a ls400, are they really quite and smooth? thanks for the advice.

for 10k you can get 95 or 96 with mileage around 100-120k

not in a dealership or lot, but at the auction

thats how i got mine and i got it like 4-5k cheaper

The Lexus dealer will check their history of your car for you, but watch out, they will hit you up for a small fortune in repairs, saying the car needs this and that. I would just watch this forum for what the car needs.

he Lexus dealer in Virginia Beach told me that they will do an analysis of any used (previously owned) Lexus for $75 and tell you exactly what it needs. I'd call up a dealership near you and ask them if they also offer this service. As the previous post stated, they WILL give you a long expensive laundry list which should about equal what you paid for the car. I also learned that for State Inspections, it is not a good idea to use the dealer as they will find things. For inspections, I wax the Lex up and go to some local gas station guy who is use to inspecting junk. They will be so impressed with your car that they do a $10 inspection as opposed to a $1000+ inspection at the dealer.