Bluetooth & Verizon Wireless

stacie

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHICH BLUETOOTH PHONE I CAN PURCHASE FROM VERIZON WIRELESS THAT WILL WORK GOOD WITH MY 06 RX330? WE PURCHASED THE MOTOROLA V710 AND YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY PROGRAM THE CONNECTION THRU THE PHONE EVERYTIME YOU RE-ENTER THE VEHICLE AND IT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO TRANSFER YOUR PHONE BOOK. MOTOROLA CLAIMS THIS IS DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.

IF THERE ISN'T A PHONE THAT'S COMPATABILE THRU VERIZON WHICH PHONE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FROM CINGULAR?

Check out the information here ....

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=24619

Personally, I'm planning to buy the new Nokia 6256i, which should be available from Verizon soon and is supposed to be compatible with the Lexus Bluetooth (although you still can only transfer one phonebook number at a time).

I DID READ SOMEWHERE IN A FORUM THAT THE NOKIA 6256i THRU RADIO SHACK OR BEST BUY? DID WORK. THE 6256i I WAS TOLD WAS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THESE LOCATIONS.

I CONTACTED MY LOCAL VERIZON STORE AND THEY SAID I COULD BRING IN MY V710 AND THEY WOULD TRY INSTALLING A NEW TYPE OF SOFTWARE. WE'LL SEE. I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW IF IT WORKS. IF IT DOESN'T WORK THEN I'M GOING TO CINGULAR BECAUSE IT SEEMS AS IF VERIZON HAS HAD LONG ENOUGH TO GET THEIR PROBLEMS FIXED.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHICH BLUETOOTH PHONE I CAN PURCHASE FROM VERIZON WIRELESS THAT WILL WORK GOOD WITH MY 06 RX330?  WE PURCHASED THE MOTOROLA V710 AND YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY PROGRAM THE CONNECTION THRU THE PHONE EVERYTIME YOU RE-ENTER THE VEHICLE AND IT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO TRANSFER YOUR PHONE BOOK.  MOTOROLA CLAIMS THIS IS DUE TO SECURITY REASONS. 

IF THERE ISN'T A PHONE THAT'S COMPATABILE THRU VERIZON WHICH PHONE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FROM CINGULAR?

The transfer problem is due to verizon, and not Motorolla. That same phone from t-mobile or cingular will work. Verizon puts some type of encryption on the function of their bluetooth technology and disable the OBEX object push profile necessary for data transfers..

You shouldn't have to reconnect your phone every time you get in the car.  I'm using a v710 with no problems connecting.

You're stuck with using the 1 touch phone book (numbers only.. no names) to dial out.

check the bluetooth settings on the phone and make sure they are turned on permanently. The factory settings on most phones will have it disconnect after its not engaged.

I have not been successful in getting the GS300 (2006) to recognize the Verizon treo 650 at all. Forget about downloading the addressbook, I get to recognition. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

I would really appreciate any suggestions. I love the car, love the phone. I just can't get them to "speak".

thanks

ed

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHICH BLUETOOTH PHONE I CAN PURCHASE FROM VERIZON WIRELESS THAT WILL WORK GOOD WITH MY 06 RX330?  WE PURCHASED THE MOTOROLA V710 AND YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY PROGRAM THE CONNECTION THRU THE PHONE EVERYTIME YOU RE-ENTER THE VEHICLE AND IT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO TRANSFER YOUR PHONE BOOK.  MOTOROLA CLAIMS THIS IS DUE TO SECURITY REASONS. 

The transfer problem is due to verizon, and not Motorolla. That same phone from t-mobile or cingular will work. Verizon puts some type of incryption on the function of their bluetooth technology.

A little help, please. I have searched extensively and have not found a definite answer. My brother has a 2006 RX400h. He just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and got the Moto Razr phone (black). He called me this morning and asked me to find out if the Razr on T-Mobile will work with the bluetooth system in his Lexus?? Based on what I have read here, I'm thinking that it will but he will have to transfer his phonebook one entry at a time. Is that correct?? He has 14 days to cancel contract and he definitely wants a phone that will work with the bluetooth system in the 400h.

Also, I read a post from somone that said they weren't happy with the quality of the Razr phone. Any comments about that would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

uthorns,

Here is the information about the Motorola Razr that you requested and its capabilities.

You will be able to transfer data from the phone to the car one at a time. Keep this in mind, you will not be able to transfer multiple files all at once.

This phone will allow you to use 24 digits when dialing from the navigation screen. Some phones will only allow 20 digits.

You will be able to hear your ringtone through the sound system when receiving a call. Some phones do not support this.

Over all the Razr is a very compatible phone. Hope this helps

uthorns,

Here is the information about the Motorola Razr that you requested and its capabilities.

You will be able to transfer data from the phone to the car one at a time. Keep this in mind, you will not be able to transfer multiple files all at once.

This phone will allow you to use 24 digits when dialing from the navigation screen. Some phones will only allow 20 digits.

You will be able to hear your ringtone through the sound system when receiving a call. Some phones do not support this.

Over all the Razr is a very compatible phone. Hope this helps

Yes, very helpful information. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHICH BLUETOOTH PHONE I CAN PURCHASE FROM VERIZON WIRELESS THAT WILL WORK GOOD WITH MY 06 RX330? WE PURCHASED THE MOTOROLA V710 AND YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY PROGRAM THE CONNECTION THRU THE PHONE EVERYTIME YOU RE-ENTER THE VEHICLE AND IT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO TRANSFER YOUR PHONE BOOK. MOTOROLA CLAIMS THIS IS DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.

I am having a similar problem. We just got from Verizon a Samsung SCH-a950 phone. The Bluetooth connects and works fine, but only "partially" reconnects after that. When it does not fully connect, we can dial from the Nav screen, but the audio is not picked up by the handsfree system; the voice stays on the phone. But some of the time it does fully connect and the voice is on the handsfree system as it should be. My Motorola V551 phone on Cingular works fine. We haven't yet tried moving any phone book entries; we just want the basic handsfree system to work consistently. I don't know whether to complain to Lexus or to Verizon.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my experiences:

2005 Lexus RX330

Verizon

Treo 650

Go through the pairing instructions.

When you have put in your passcode number, the phone will say it is connected but the screen on the car will still be in a "pairing" screen that has a touch button that says cancel. DO NOT TOUCH THE CANCEL TOUCH BUTTON. Make an outgoing call using your phone, and the car should connect to the phone in your hand.

I then turned the car off....turned it back on, making sure that my bluetooth settings were activated on my phone and that my phone was discoverable. The car did not find the phone. So I went to the phone screen on the car and chose "settings," I scrolled down until I got to "select phone" I pushed the screen buttton and my cell phone was the only phone I could choose, so I selected it....the car connected to the phone and I have never once had to manually reconnect, the blue tooth has always worked.

Now, as for the address book. I was able to send multiple phone numbers to the car. in my phone's address book, you can categorize your numbers (i.e. work, personal, mobile, etc) I created a category called "lexus". I then edited each number I wanted to transfer and assigned each number the category of "lexus." After assigning all the pertinent numbers to "lexus" there is an option on my phone to "send category" I did that and the car picked up all 20 numbers. DO NOT USE "BEAM CATEGORY"

hope that helps