Disable Phone In Lx450

greentank

I suddenly started receiving a short BEEP every ten seconds or so from the driver side rear door speaker and big low pitched BONG when I turn the ignition on.

My LX has the factory phone which has not been used in the four years I've owned this vehicle.

How can I completely disable this phone and the speaker tones? The 'local' (75 miles away) Lexus dealer was not real helpful when I called.

Many Many thanks in advance.

I suddenly started receiving a short BEEP every ten seconds or so from the driver side rear door speaker and big low pitched BONG when I turn the ignition on. 

My LX has the factory phone which has not been used in the four years I've owned this vehicle.

How can I completely disable this phone and the speaker tones?  The 'local' (75 miles away) Lexus dealer was not real helpful when I called.

Many Many thanks in advance.

I think you can go into the system and simply delete the phone.

If you have a fixed phone, try finding the transceiver (it is in a trunk well in an LS400 - no idea where it is in an LX450), unplug the connectors from the transceiver (probably one male, one female if it is like the phone in the LS400) and plug them together.

If that doesn't eliminate the beep, disassemble the console (probably minor disassembly if like my LS) and unplug the handset connector(s).

A rep at my local Lexus dealer told me that they tossed out all their phone documention several years ago - I think they were just trying to avoid helping their customers.

If you have a fixed phone, try finding the transceiver (it is in a trunk well in an LS400 - no idea where it is in an LX450),

I've seen an out of place box (about the size of a deck of playing cards or so) inside the DS rear fender well. This is probably what you're talking about. On the 450, you can remove the plastic cover panel for the jack, and get to it pretty easily.

Rookie

If you have a fixed phone, try finding the transceiver (it is in a trunk well in an LS400 - no idea where it is in an LX450),

I've seen an out of place box (about the size of a deck of playing cards or so) inside the DS rear fender well. This is probably what you're talking about. On the 450, you can remove the plastic cover panel for the jack, and get to it pretty easily.

Rookie

The phone transceiver is much bigger than a deck of playing cards. The two connectors that plug into the transceiver are probably about the size of a card deck when they are plugged together.

Rookie

The phone transceiver is much bigger than a deck of playing cards. The two connectors that plug into the transceiver are probably about the size of a card deck when they are plugged together.

Looks like this?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=66185

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your input. I found the transceiver thanks to your help and unhooked it. No more BEEPS, CHIRPS, BOPS.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I figured it would take a while to get it done and I only have time on the weekends. Well, it took all of 5 seconds.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...