Consumer Reports Gives Thumbs Up To Lexus

texagun

Consumer Reports gives thumbs up to Lexus.....thumbs down to German imports:

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?con...rc=LP+Passenger

What do you think about both cars, it states that you own the LS430 2005, wow! and a 530i BMW 2003, the 5 series....among my favorites...what do you think? I know the slogan for BMW is The ultimate driving machine, but which car is giving you better results right now, as far as reliability, comfort and power.

:cheers:

I've got to say this, and I hope you don't stomp on me here. There are few comparisions between a BMW and a Lexus. Infact, there are few comparisions between a BMW and any car. Same said for Lexus and any car. Both have DNA characteristics that nobody can compare with...period. A BMW is one hell of a fine driving machine. I believe they have the best braking system ever designed, and the ability to communicate the road to the driver like nobody else, except for maybe Porsche, but completely different cars. However, nobody can touch a Lexus of sheer glide ability. Lexus is like warm butter on the road, and BMW is like PhD on the road, with an undergrad degree from 1982 Fiat. But that might be a little harsh. But like they say about Bose "no highs, no lows...it must be bose"....BMW = Better Maintain Weekly. Of course who am I to complain? I think I've got Bo Duke's old LS400 sitting in my driveway. :blink::cheers:

I've got to say this, and I hope you don't stomp on me here. There are few comparisions between a BMW and a Lexus. Infact, there are few comparisions between a BMW and any car. Same said for Lexus and any car. Both have DNA characteristics that nobody can compare with...period. A BMW is one hell of a fine driving machine. I believe they have the best braking system ever designed, and the ability to communicate the road to the driver like nobody else, except for maybe Porsche, but completely different cars. However, nobody can touch a Lexus of sheer glide ability. Lexus is like warm butter on the road, and BMW is like PhD on the road, with an undergrad degree from 1982 Fiat. But that might be a little harsh. But like they say about Bose "no highs, no lows...it must be bose"....BMW = Better Maintain Weekly. Of course who am I to complain? I think I've got Bo Duke's old LS400 sitting in my driveway. :blink:  :cheers:

You put the words in my mouth. Excellent post.

My girlfriend has a new BMW and "nothing" like it on the road. As nc211 says, The steering and brakes plus handling are bar none, except for the Porsche. But................She likes the Lexus for the comfort, ride and quiet. Both great cars, It all depends on where you are in life. Down and out driving or comfort with a measure of confidence. I guess, If you are in midlife, both should be in your driveway. I'm older, been there done that, give me the keys to the Lexus.

I love both these cars but in the end the Lexus seems eaiser to drive. I dont have things like the Nav system so I cant say anything there but it seems like the Lexus is eaiser to drive/drive in while the BMW is funner to driver because its sportier and handles better. This is a question that always goes on but in the end Lexus always wins. I know that *BLEEP*es off a lot of my E38 guys but it is the truth.

thanks

This is pretty similar to the Top Gear survey we had in the UK.

Here's the list of our top ten (look at the Lexus :D ) :-

1. Honda S2000

2. Lexus IS200

3. Lexus RX300

4. Skoda Superb

5. Skoda Octavia

6. Honda Jazz

7. Honda Accord

8. Subaru Legacy

9. Skoda Fabia

10. Subaru Forester

This is our bottom ten (7 of which are French :lol: )

1. Citroen Xsara

2. Peugeot 206

3. Renault Megane

4. Rover 25

5. Fiat Stilo

6. Mercedes M-Class

7. Renault Laguna

8. Renault Espace

9. Peugeot 307

10. Peugeot 807

So it looks like your survey is quite correct - don't but European ! :lol:

"What do you think about both cars, it states that you own the LS430 2005, wow! and a 530i BMW 2003, the 5 series....among my favorites...what do you think? I know the slogan for BMW is The ultimate driving machine, but which car is giving you better results right now, as far as reliability, comfort and power."

Both have been great cars. 16,000 miles on the BMW and only ONE problem since new...a bad hood switch (during the 1st week of ownership) causing the alarm to go off without cause...they put the car on the computer and fixed it in 15 minutes with a new hood switch. No problems since. The Lexus has 3,500 miles on it with NO problems whatsoever. The BMW is more fun to drive, especially on twisting, winding roads. It is definately "the Ultimate Driving Machine." It is my 2nd one and I love them...just don't like the new Chris Bangle designs so I bought the E-39 as soon as I saw the new E-60. The Lexus is a great luxurious car. Excellent climate control, audio system, engine, brakes, and interior quality and styling. It replaced an E-Series Mercedes and I prefer the Lexus by far for its quality and reliability. The Mercedes was always in the shop. The seats were hard and uncomfortable, electronics constantly breaking down, new suspension parts required at 8,000 miles, and a transmission failure at 24,000 miles. The Lexus is everything a high-end, quality sedan should be. The Lexus and BMW are just two different animals and you have to drive both to appreciate the differences between them.