To Fix Or Part Out

Xinstaller

Hi everybody, I joined this board back in july to find out how to fix my burnt out needles. Well, 20 days later my wife gets into an accident with it and it is considered a total loss. It is a 1993 ES300 black on black with heated seats, sunroof and pioneer stereo with changer. I think that was the only options for the car at the time. It took a little while to settle with the insurance to get paid and i parked the car. (went on vacation, reinsured an old car to use in the mean time) Now i have to do something with the car. I don't know if it is worth fixing it, selling it hit, or parting it out. The car was driving real nice for the little amount of time that I got to drive it. What would you guys recommend I do? (the car needs fenders, hood, bumper and paint) Thanks in advance

If it is only fenders hood and a bumper plus the paint i would repair it for sure.

You can buy a whole front clip with everything and might be even the same colour for about $1000 from a JDM importer.

I have a 93 ES300, If I were you I would fix it and drive the car forever. I plan on keeping mine forever, It is built like a tank. If you decide to part it out I'll be watching.

Thanks for the quick reply everyone. I will be taking a ride to the bodyshop tomorrow to see how much the front clip will cost me installed. I know that one of the front rails is bent a little but not to bad. Some guy ran a stop sign ad my wife t-boned him. I will post tomorrow night to let everyone know what the status is, and thanks again for the reply.

Looks like I am not going to fix the car. The cost was a little too high for me. I am probably going to look for a donor car this week but I might put it on ebay this weekend. I thought about parting it out but I don't think I would have the time to do it. This sucks because I really started liking the car for the short amount of time that I had it. If anybody is interested I can e-mail pics of what the car looks like. Jusr=t send me a PM or an e-mail. And thanks again for all of the input. (1993 ES300 black on black)

Looks like I am not going to fix the car. The cost was a little too high for me. I am probably going to look for a donor car this week but I might put it on ebay this weekend. I thought about parting it out but I don't think I would have the time to do it. This sucks because I really started liking the car for the short amount of time that I had it. If anybody is interested I can e-mail pics of what the car looks like. Jusr=t send me a PM or an e-mail. And thanks again for all of the input. (1993 ES300 black on black)

Bummer....sorry to hear bud. :(

:cheers: