What Are The Lights Next To The Fog Lights?

MadMax96

Might be picking up a '99 LS400 (keeping fingers crossed). I test drove one today and noticed that it has these lights that are on the front sides of the bumper, next to the fog lights.

I thought they might be corning lamps, but they didn't come on with the turn signal (with or without the headlights on).

I asked the owner and he had no idea...

Any idea what they are?

Thanks........ :cheers:

The lens housings by the fog lights don't do anything and have no bulbs or wiring. There were some preproduction publicity photos of a 98 LS from Lexus floating around which seem to show that the lens was originally intended for use as the front side marker light. The story went that the lens was found to be below the DOT height limit.

Here is a thread on how someone put bulbs in the housings: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=side+marker

The lens housings by the fog lights don't do anything and have no bulbs or wiring.  There were some preproduction publicity photos of a 98 LS from Lexus floating around which seem to show that the lens was originally intended for use as the front side marker light.  The story went that the lens was found to be below the DOT height limit.

Here is a thread on how someone put bulbs in the housings:  http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=side+marker

exactly what he said.

Thanks for the info. It's a bummer that they aren't cornering lights - it's a very nice feature to have. Some American cars have had them since the 70s at least. Even my '89 Thunderbird had them.

That mod looks easy enough to do too.

Thanks for the info.  It's a bummer that they aren't cornering lights - it's a very nice feature to have.  Some American cars have had them since the 70s at least.  Even my '89 Thunderbird had them.

Hey Guys! Interesting thread. After reading this exchange, I thought I would try this mod myself. One difference I used Light socket #85814 with Sylvania side marker lamps # 194 LL. Quick and easy. The soft plastic sockets provided a tight water proof seal around the lens and the lamp intensity was perfect.

Thanks for the inspiration. :cheers:

Thanks for the info.  It's a bummer that they aren't cornering lights - it's a very nice feature to have.  Some American cars have had them since the 70s at least.  Even my '89 Thunderbird had them.

Hey Guys! Interesting thread. After reading this exchange, I thought I would try this mod myself. One difference I used Light socket #85814 with Sylvania side marker lamps # 194 LL. Quick and easy. The soft plastic sockets provided a tight water proof seal around the lens and the lamp intensity was perfect.

Thanks for the inspiration.:cheers:

Wow, wish I could check this Mod out myself (fog light turn signal). How long did it take you to do this? How did you put the light into that socket? since there is no factory harness to seal it. Maybe we should get together and even clear up the turn signals if that’s something you’re looking to do, I’m talking about the orange cover. (I'm in temple Terrace). I do a lot of work on the LS at my house, or my friends garage, be next to meet up with another LS owner, and exchange tips and info, hit me up. (I just noticed your PM isnt working yet since you dont have enough posts, so here is my email: lexusls400 at gmail dot com)

Moe

Wow, wish I could check this Mod out myself (fog light turn signal). How long did it take you to do this? How did you put the light into that socket? since there is no factory harness to seal it. Maybe we should get together and even clear up the turn signals if that’s something you’re looking to do, I’m talking about the orange cover. (I'm in temple Terrace). I do a lot of work on the LS at my house, or my friends garage, be next to meet up with another LS owner, and exchange tips and info, hit me up. (I just noticed your PM isnt working yet since you dont have enough posts, so here is my email: lexusls400 at gmail dot com)

Moe

Moe

I see all the quotes, but I cant view your post. I see this often on the board.