How To Remove Headrest On 97 Ls-400

sgretchko

I would like to remove the headrests on my 97 LS so that I can install some sheepskin seat covers, does anyone know how or have a suggestion?

A friend gave me a set of seatcovers and I would like to use them to keep the seats in pristine condition on my beautiful '97 LS. Thank-you

What I usually do is make a fist and put it underneath the headrest and then kinda squeeze up. That way I dont hit myself in the face trying to pull it out of there. But yes all you do is just pull it out.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to remove the headrest on my 91 LS> It has the headrest that you electronically adjust. I tried raising all the way to the top and could not get them off. Is it a different method?

i got some sheepskin covers for christmas and couldnt my headrests off on my 92 does anyone know if it can be done?

I checked the 1997 Lexus LS400 Repair Manual and it does not give any specifics on how to remove the headrest. However, the owners manual indicates that there is a lock release button that keeps the headrest at certain positions. Once raised to the highest position, push the lock release button and keep pushing up ... the headrest should slide right out. This may only work for the manual type of headrests, and not the power type.

• 16 years later...

LS400 1997. Removing headrest is easy.  
Electrically extend headrest  Tilt the seat always back. Sit in the back seat.
while pulling up on the headrest, bump the headrest with your hand to the left and right.  After a few tries, the headrest will pull straight out.