Adle Speed Adjust

As far as i know you never adjust a tps unless you are replacing it as the idle is completely ECC controlled.If it is not where it should be then you have a problem, that needs to be fixed . In olden days of carbs before rampant use of fuel injection you would adjust the idle higher as a band aid to cover the problem.

If the car runs fine then do not worry about adjusting the idle the computer can handle it easily enough.

Adjustments are in the following .pdf. Note the last page of the .pdf contains the wire colors for a 1995 GS300. They should be similar to the 1993 but there are no guarantees.

Step #2 sets position of the idle switch. If the continuity/no continuity readings are correct before adjustment, the cause of your slightly higher idle speed is most likely elsewhere.

TPS_Adjustments.pdf

As far as i know you never adjust a tps unless you are replacing it as the idle is completely ECC controlled.If it is not where it should be then you have a problem, that needs to be fixed . In olden days of carbs before rampant use of fuel injection you would adjust the idle higher as a band aid to cover the problem.

If the car runs fine then do not worry about adjusting the idle the computer can handle it easily enough.

True, however mine was idling low as the TPS screws were slightly loose. I never touched the srews before, nor did anyoine else that I know of, so this could be his problem and it doesn't hurt to check it. <_<