Electrical Problem

rich21

i was driving down the road and all of a sudden after i put the signal light on everything in the car went dim. the battery light came on. i turn the turn signal off and when i went up to the stop sign and applied brakes everything went dim again. so i turned the car off. i went to turn the key on and the car was dead. i turned the key on a few more times then everything came on and the car started. the car acted like nothing happened. just had to set the time again. like the car reseted itself. what can it be?

• 1 year later...

Hey, my first post here and its a problem.

I bought an SC300 94 model a few months ago, and it was running fine up until a few weeks ago.

I am having the same problem as above, when i put my signals on the whole car shuts down and the clock resets, same if i put the brakes on the stero will turn off, did you happen to have a fix for this? i checked the battery and the connections looked fine. Would love to get this fixed without taking it to a shop.

Nice Cars Too!

Thx... :cries:

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and I thought it was due to the subs in the back . So I disconnected them and it hasn't happened since. If someone does figure out another problem it would be greatly appreciated,. don't want 2 12"s going to waste

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and I thought it was due to the subs in the back . So I disconnected them and it hasn't happened since. If someone does figure out another problem it would be greatly appreciated,. don't want 2 12"s going to waste

Hey Jbabin, i thought that the stero might be the problem also, so just after this started happening i got rid of the old one and replaced it with a professionaly installed new sub and amp. I thought it worked cause i didnt have the problem for a while, then all of a sudden it came back again. :(

I have a feeling it will come back to haunt you aswell. :chairshot:

• 3 weeks later...

First, you guys need to check your battery connections, and make sure they are TIGHT, I replaced both of mine with gold-plated, then I would check your connections to your Alternator, if it were a battery connection problem, especially with the ground, the car would just go dead after you hit a bump or something. Your alternator is the most likely problem in my few, so check those connections, if you still think its the subwoofer, get a capacitor.