lex

i have one on my 94 es 300

a good plug and play kit

i love it

also you need to run a ground wire for the ballasts

as the initila spike sometimes need alot more power

or it will turn off or flicker

that is where the colour change comes from when hids car start

SK, what brand HID kit did you use, where did you get it and for how much? I was on autotoys.com and there are many different types and temperatures, 6000K,7000K,8000K,8500K. Is it worth it to spend more for a better brand? Also where did you mount the ballasts?

all the same kinds pretty much

6500k is more than enough the higher just get too blue less light

the ballasts don't really have to be mounted

my right side is ty straapped to my abs relay

the left is tucked behind the battery

all depends on the amopunt of wire lenght in the kit

i got mine cheap for a wholesaler as it was for my car not for resale

average is about 800-1000 canadian for a good kit

I have the HID lights on my '03 ES and they certainly don't look as blue as the picture on the previous post. Mine look very white. Why are they soooo blue looking or is that only on aftermarket HID's?

Alan

I guess there must have been a good reason why Lexus decided to use a white type of bulb in their HID lights rather than the blue bulbs. What do you think?

Alan

I think lexus goes with the brand name sylvania 4100K bulbs which are white. Anything higher is more blue. And sylvania doesn't make them any higher than that.

I think lexus goes with the brand name sylvania 4100K bulbs which are white. Anything higher is more blue. And sylvania doesn't make them any higher than that.

sorry it is kinda of a bad pic

i didn't take that one

or adjust it

i think the camera automatially darkened it as it was so bright

that is why the surrounding area is so dark

mine are actualy white with no blue at all

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone has replaced their standard halogen with the Sylvania Silverstars. Are they as good as they say they are or is it better to just purchase some Xenon bulbs like the APC Xenon bulbs??? Basically are they worth the money???

There has been some discussion about replacement 9006 bulbs already. I've replaced the stock bulbs on my 92 ES300 with the silverstars and they are definitely whiter and noticeably brighter but not a WHOLE lot brighter. There are others who also said they like the silverstars too. I got them cuz there was a $10 rebate at the Sylvania website.

i opted for the cool blues mainly becuase they were cheaper than the silverstars. so far i have the high-beam 9005 installed and i must say, it's a definite improvement over the factory sylvanias that came with the car! installing the bulbs was no problem although i scratched my hand a couple of times against the fuse box and battery. my only quibble is that their website advertises a bright white color and the sample lamp they had was noticably white. my bulbs didn't look that white, still a little yellowish. i guess if i want a truly white hue, i should go for hid but so far i've seen only "off-road applications" and id rather spend the money on a speaker upgrade. i would have gone with the silver stars or the piaas extreme white but i did some research and learned that they last only a year depending on how often they're used. http://www.autothing.com/P-Support/psuppor...rt-bulbFAQS.htm anyways, i like the cool blues i have and i recommend them becuase they're inexpensive and much brighter than stock.

i think he installed them himself.they are easy to install.they fit right into your exsiting harness and come with a ballast that you can put anywere under the hood.the price range is anywere from 200 to 500 dollars for good ones.

i guess i am spoken for

lol

yah the kit is made to just unplug the old bulbs abd plug the harness into the ballast directly

then it has the new bulbs and its own harness for it to attach

then all done

takes about 3 minutes

no cutting splicing or notthing

only thing you might need is gloves if the egine is dirty