Interior Lights Dont Turn On When The Doors R Open

picturethis

When I open any doors on my 00 rx the interrior lights wont come on, I looked at all the fuses and none are bad.  The dome light does work when it is swiched on ,  any ideas?

The switch (it used to be a plunger type switch on older cars at the door hinge) that controls the interior lights is inside the door panels. Evidently this switch is either sticking or went bad. My 99 RX does the same thing intermittently. This has been discussed on this forum before, but I don't remember how much it costs to replace. All I remember is that it's pricy.

BTW, this switch is also connected to the automatic relock system on the car - if you haven't opened the door within 30 seocnds, it locks again. And don't do what my son did, he unlocked the door, set the keys on the seat, and closed the door. With the switch sticking, the doors relocked.

so the part that goes bad is in which door? I thought it was a hidden fuse or relay thats the culprit

When I open any doors on my 00 rx the interrior lights wont come on, I looked at all the fuses and none are bad.  The dome light does work when it is swiched on ,  any ideas?

The switch (it used to be a plunger type switch on older cars at the door hinge) that controls the interior lights is inside the door panels. Evidently this switch is either sticking or went bad. My 99 RX does the same thing intermittently. This has been discussed on this forum before, but I don't remember how much it costs to replace. All I remember is that it's pricy.

BTW, this switch is also connected to the automatic relock system on the car - if you haven't opened the door within 30 seocnds, it locks again. And don't do what my son did, he unlocked the door, set the keys on the seat, and closed the door. With the switch sticking, the doors relocked.

so the part that goes bad is in which door? I thought it was a hidden fuse or relay thats the culprit

I haven't replaced my switch, but I'm sure it's in the driver's door.