My Wheel Locks Got Stolen! What To Do?

Hybrid-JD

car jus got broken into not too long ago. and the damn *BLEEP* stole my wheel lock .. the lug nut lock. Now i'm just wondering what should i do? like would i be able to somehow get a another wheel lock thingy from lexus? or would i have to get another set?? and how am i suppose to take off the current ones if i dont have the one i lost??

thanks for the help.

JImmy

car jus got broken into not too long ago. and the damn *BLEEP* stole my wheel lock .. the lug nut lock.  Now i'm just wondering what should i do? like would i be able to somehow get a another wheel lock thingy from lexus? or would i have to get another set?? and how am i suppose to take off the current ones if i dont have the one i lost??

thanks for the help.

JImmy

McGuard makes the keys, You can go to any dealer and get one. Or google McGuard and search. :cheers:

When I bought my LS the key was missing and the previous owner was not able to come up with it. I dropped by the dealer and they suggested if I left the car with them they would try to identify it and order a key which would take at least a week.

I purchased 4 standard lug nuts and drove home. I used an air hammer with a chisel bit on the outer edges of the locks vibrated them counterclockwise using controlled bursts and installed the standard nuts.

I heartily agree with the posting by Y2KLS400.

Did you report the break in to your insurance?

If so i would ask them what they want to do. This would shift the responibility to them if the wheels are ever stolen from the missing lock nut. It would also place them in owness of getting a replacment lock to remove the old ones and a new set to install a lock set.

Personally i feel any oem wheel doesn't need a lock nut.

If you want my wheels go right ahead , that's why i have insurance . I already get jammed from behind from insurance for having zero claims or accidents .