94es - How Many Miles Are Generally Possible?

beltz97

Yes they do...

Toyota - like most manufs of the period have the same problems with the head gaskets.

On the truck 3vz-e, 5vz-fe, and all Toyota I4's 88-95 have external leaking problems.

All Toyota v6's atleast 88-October'96 have head gasket blowing problems.

The head gaskets were not revised until October 1996. Obviously... Any v6 built before that is prone to gaskets blowing, and/or external leaking (in the case of the truck v6's).

What is odd as i don't surf camry forums as much as toys does so i don;t know there life expetancy so i can;t comment on them.

I have yet to find a consitant problem of a 1mz blowing head gaskets, valve cover and rear main seals leak but not a problem with the head gaskets.

The only ES's with the headgasket problems is the iron block 3vz from all the posts here.

Ummmn don't hold me to 1-2mil on the chassie/car.

Let's face it... Yankee's have that leet road salt & all that kind of dumb stuff to deal with LoL!

For the rest of us, ya 1-2 mill on the majority of the car should be possible.

The lifespan of the Camry platform is longer than you'd want to keep one.

The lifespan of the better built Windom/ES's is going to wind up being crazy!

The best answer to "how long" always winds up being "way longer than anyone would possibly want the car"!

What is odd as i don't surf camry forums as much as toys does so i don;t know there life expetancy so i can;t comment on them.

I have yet to find a consitant problem of a 1mz blowing head gaskets, valve cover and rear main seals leak but not a problem with the head gaskets.

The only ES's with the headgasket problems is the iron block 3vz from all the posts here.

Any pre-Oct '96 gasket is prone to blowing which is exactly why the 1mz-fe was covered under the "great recall fiasco".

The gasket construction is identical. It's the same one thin layer of steel with a thin layer of asbestos on each side & the "gooey silver crap" sprayed on it to seal as previously used on every other Toyota engine.

'96 they added layers.

In '98 they simply went to MLS (Multi-Layer Steel) gaskets which simply are awsome! They oughta get well over 500bhp out of those things, or an indefinite amount of mileage (barring the engine ever overheats & breaks the seal - which is easy on metal gaskets).

This is also the very reasonwhy it's a bad idea to put the TRD supercharger on a pre '98 1mz-fe! The revised gasket's can't handle them over time & the original gaskets just can't do it period!

Is there a high mileage club from toyota/lexus for the cars that have gone over say 300k or 500k? This would be a good way to tell if these cars will last. I know from mexperience that mercedes has special clubs from the company that are specifically for cars over 250k, 500k and i think even higher.