2006 Lexus Gs 300/430!

Hey all! I have been viewing this forum for about two months. This is however my first time posting. Anywayy, let me introduce myself a little! I currently own 3 cars. A Mercedes Benz 500SEC, Mercedes Benz E220, and a Honda Odyssey. I just sold my Vokswagen Touraeg two weeks ago.

Just recently, My 500SEC has been giving me problems. Apparently the vavle seals are very badly worn out. Thus I have lost a considerable amount of HP. I used to get around 265-300HP but now I think its about 220? It will cost me about S$20,000 to do it up. Thus I’m considering of selling it to buy a Lexus GS 300, super luxury with full options. Which will cost me around S$200,000 plus.

I would really appreciate it if any of you guys who own this car, or even the 430, to give your feedback on the car. In terms of performance, comfort, and of course the electronics. I would really like to hear the negative points! MY greatest worry now, is the electronics, as the car is sooo high tech, tt if the electronics fail, I presume I will be in BIG trouble!? Any advice. I would really appreciate it.

Oh and if some of your could show some of your pics! I did really appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance! :D

my new GS is incredibly. i believe getting it is the best decision i ever made in my life.

the only drawbacks are,

the fact that when the car is moving, it disables some of the navigation features (this can be bypassed easily it took me about 30 minutes)

also, i noticed the wheel wells are kind of small. You can't for example fit 22 inch rims like u can on a BMW.

when u hold down the unlock button, all the windows and sunroof open, but to close them all, u have to put the key in and turn it in the door, (holding down lock doesn't bring everytihng up) why? dont know, but this is pretty stupid in my opinion

these are really the only drawbacks i can think of, everything else is absolutely amazing. the ride is so quiet its scary, very smooth. handles well. steering is awesome, back up camera is VERRRRY helpful. there's just sooooooo many good things about it.

• 2 weeks later...
I would really appreciate it if any of you guys who own this car, or even the 430, to give your feedback on the car. In terms of performance, comfort, and of course the electronics. I would really like to hear the negative points! MY greatest worry now, is the electronics, as the car is sooo high tech, tt if the electronics fail, I presume I will be in  BIG trouble!? Any advice. I would really appreciate it.

I just did the dollar conversion and the GS 300 will cost you US$120k. WOW!!

For pics, the general web sites are the way to go - autos.msn.com has a neat photo review option where you can compare equivalent photos across a set of cars.

I recently had the opportunity to test drive numerous "luxury sports sedans" and any of these cars are great buys IMHO. I had all wheel drive in all these but that wouldn't be necessary of course in Singapore.

Lexus GS 300 AWD

- ultimate luxury car

- suspension too soft for me but perfect for luxury ride

- pretty interior with very usable controls

- love the touch screen, nav has nice route choice option

- good price point

Infiniti M35x

- handles well & plenty of power (3.5L engine)

- nice gismos (super rear view camera with distance markers when in reverse)

- nav is good with awesome 3D presentation

- interior a little plasticky

- best price point (i.e. most value?)

Audi A6 Quattro

- feels big inside = positive

- looks big outside = negative

- handled surprisingly well with acceptable power

- nav is about average (japanese do better navs)

- real pretty interior - perhaps even nicer than lexus?

BMW 530xi

- liked the exterior the best (totally personal decision)

- interior better than infiniti but not as nice as audi or lexus

- clearly the best handling car

- most torque available low in power band but no wow in power

- only car that will allow full nav/phone access while driving - huge for me

- worst price point (but best lease rates by far in US)

All I can recommend is to test drive the cars that you are considering to make up your own mind. You will hear a lot of positive things about Lexus here of course but in this case I think it's fair because the GS is a great product. Lexus is probably the most reliable brand too which is a big plus if service is expensive in Singapore (I assume it is since everything else is too!).

I'll be taking my first trip to Singapore in late January so I'll keep my eyes open for you! :)

- Sean

• 2 years later...