Interior Led Install With Comparision Pics

SKperformance

Well i just installed the LED interior lights from luxury mods.

Took about 1 hour including taking pics.

Door bulbs were the greatest improvements the dome , ignition and foot wells did not improve at all and were much darker but a nicer colour.

The 2 map lights were not included either and are a round base type one.

The door bulbs end up using 194 bulbs so they are easy to get .

The kit does not have the 6 needed for the upper rear reading access lights which are also 194 bulbs.

The foot well ones were a pain because the bulbs are bigger than the base ,so i had to use a drill bit to open them up to fit. It was easy enough to use my hand turning the drill bit to remove the little bits of plastic.

The ignition bulb was not as hard as you would think to get to but reinstalling the clasps were a pain for some reason.

In all i would just get the 10 194 bulbs needed to change the doors and upper rear lights which would make the most dramatic difference.So i am going to order another set of 6 bulbs for the upper ones soon to finish the look.

I also want to get a new dome light which is bigger and just wire it in which is easy enough for at least double the output as i can;t see a thing with this new one.

the whole kit

Led.sized.jpg

the dome light(led) and map light (original) showing the difference in light colour and output.

LeddomeA_B.sized.jpg

door original

LeddoorA.sized.jpg

door led

LeddoorB.sized.jpg

door led and original comparison

LeddoorsA.sized.jpg

both doors with led

LeddoorsB.sized.jpg

ignition

LedkeyB.sized.jpg

interior original

LedinteriorA.sized.jpg

interior led

LeddomeB.sized.jpg

I just ordered a new dome light and some 9led 194 bulbs as i bought some yesterday and they suck to say the least.

These will replace the upper rear reading and acess lights .

I ended up putting in a PIAA extreme 194 bulb for the liscence plate bulbs as i had them brand new in a box for a while and forgot abuot them.

I just ordered a new dome light and some 9led 194 bulbs as i bought some yesterday and they suck to say the least.

These will replace the upper rear reading and acess lights .

I ended up putting in a PIAA extreme 194 bulb for the liscence plate bulbs as i had them brand new in a box for a while and forgot abuot them.

Nice pics! Looks good! Keep the mods coming.

The ignition light as the other 2 similar bulbs are not as bright as original but they work which is fine for me.

I also replaced the other original bulbs for the upper rear seat area and they were a complete waste of time. he LED bulbs i pickup had absolutely no output ,the only light you saw was when you looked right at the bulb.

So i ordered a new set of 194 Leds with 9 bulbs per unit.

I installed them this afternoon and WOW what a difference they are brighter than the original and the other LED's which i also am keeping in the lower door area.The only difference is they light up with a purplish pink glow not a clean white or blueish white like the one i have.

Do i mind ,not on your life.I love them more than any other bulb i have replaced.

I also replaced the front dome light from the kit i received as it was dim to say the least.The new one has 6 LED's per bulb and is 2-3X's brighter than the original one and 5 times more than the LED it replaced.

So now i have a nice purplish white glow when i disarm my alarm at night.

On one side note i found my dome light does not turn off completely when it is in door position. Some how in the circuit it is not fully opening causing it to drain power. I never noticed it before because a normal filament never shows any light but this has a tiny ball of it. So i turned off the door selector and am waiting for the morning as i keep getting an SRS light every first start of the day due to a low voltage situation.I am hoping this is where my loss is coming from as i already changed the belts and grounds plus the battery and alternator test out fine.

• 3 years later...
I bought from superbrightLEDs.com

very VERY cheap and great products.

LEDs totally change the feel of the interior. I love them! Looks great man!

I know but what type?! 192 Wled what type of bulbs are they!!!???

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I found out on my own that fir the dome I need 2 bayonet base type bulbs and 1 3022 bulb I think. Anyone know how to remove that light cover in the rear? The one in the corner? I can't get the cover off.

also...

The rear passenger lights are all 194s.

and the whole housing has to be removed to replace the push button map lights.

ahem...

-UCF20/21 Interior Lighting Specifications
2 x #74 for footwells

1 x #74 for ignition cylinder (led will need some sanding to fit right)

1 x #74 for glovebox

4 x #194 for doorlights

4 x #194 for rear maplights(on C pillar)+rear door dome lights

2 x #194 for front corner markers

2 x #194 for rear license plate lights

1 x #194 for trunk interior light (do the neon conversion, MUCH better light output than any 194 bulb or LED)

2 x BA9 for front maplights

2 x BA9 for rear maplights

1 x 31mm dome light

from a thread i have over on ClubLexus.

and you don't HAVE to remove the whole housing unless you are talkinga bout the one on the C-Pillar.