How Do I Remove The Old Emblem Adhesive?

I wanted to PC the dull, oxidized paint behind all of the emblems on my trunk, so I pulled the emblems off. None of the old glue would come off though. Any suggestions? I have no idea where to even start! This is what I'm dealing with....

gallery_1461_161_1128654196.jpg

Thanks, I'll give those a try! I didn't know if I should try a polisher...I didn't know if it would be bad for the pads and/or paint.

I used to be a member of a US veedub club so this is where I got all the US info. :whistles:

The stuff you need is called Goo gone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The same company that makes PB Blaster makes a product called DSR (Decal Sticker Remover) It makes removing sticky stuff like glue and adhesive a breeze.

Here is some information

http://www.blasterchemical.com/store/morei...fm?Product_ID=6

Thanks,

Scott

99 LS 400

87 Monte Carlo SS Turbo

03 Ford Excursion

• 1 year later...
WD40 and your finger nail. just keep spraying and let it sit for awhile then keep repeating till its gone. Wipe off residue and clean then wash the surface. Dry real well and clean again with rubbing alcohol and then apply new badges.

I thought wd40 and auto paint didn't get along too well. Goof Off works fine though. or was it goo gone... one of those two.

WD40 and your finger nail. just keep spraying and let it sit for awhile then keep repeating till its gone. Wipe off residue and clean then wash the surface. Dry real well and clean again with rubbing alcohol and then apply new badges.

I thought wd40 and auto paint didn't get along too well. Goof Off works fine though.

I havent heard that... I used wd40 on my peral white 94 ls to remove the gold badges and replaced with silver. Worked great and no problems what so ever.