Ok, My Assessment Of My Car After One Week.......

widowmaker03

I hardly ever drive my LS400. It sits in the garage all waxed and ready to go but I usually drive my truck around town. My very favorite place to drive my Lexus is on the Interstates. Once you get over 80 these things come alive.

I hardly ever drive my LS400.  It sits in the garage all waxed and ready to go but I usually drive my truck around town.  My very favorite place to drive my Lexus is on the Interstates.  Once you get over 80 these things come alive.

i hate to drive around town, it seems like im wasting all that power :pirate:

Finally got internet at the house! That only took 2 1/2 years. Wezz a bit slow downs hear.:wacko:

Widow, you're going to love that car. Not just because it's a LS400, but because you did your research and found this website. You'll never want anything else...well, you'll always have a lexus in addition to what ever you've got. Man, I would have sold mine a while back if it hadn't of been for this site and these guys on here. I think it was Bicoloni that brought me over from another site I used to be on. Never looked back, and on this site every day. Army hooked me up on parts, and truly enjoy having this car simply because of this site. Cars are cars man, point a to point b. But clubs...well...that takes membership. 99 LS400....good membership ticket! Welcome aboard amigo, glad you're having fun with the new wheels.:cheers:

STRONG like bull.....SMOOTH like ocean.

Amazing isn't it?

:cheers:

I was pulling into the freeway a couple days ago, and a little white sports coupe pulls up next to me. The light goes green, and we pull onto the ramp. I'm in the left lane, I'm expecting him to slow and pull behind me. Not happening, and the ramp is quickly narrowing to one lane...

So I give the throttle a shove, not a stab, just a little push, for like a second. Little white car now clearly in rearview mirror.

B)

It's like the LS stands still and the world moves faster beneath it....

And power is power. But smooth power is what seperates Lex from the others, IMHO. Try placing a glass of water on your intake manifold and starting and revving the engine. Thing barely moves. :) Very well balanced, very well engineered. And the engine itself is very light.

There's a reason lotsa 1UZ's make it into kit cars, transplants, and offshore boats.

Aaron

p.s. This makes me think, I was thinking about trading in my SC for an IS350 but dunno if I could live with the vibes from a V6 after having the smooth 8. Only a 2JZ would be smoother...