Verizon And Bluetooth Phones

The Verizon phone connect. You cant download the phonebook . The E 815 is a better phone then the V710 they also offer an LG phone thats bluetooth. They all connect and offer good reception but because of the block it limits the downloading options.

Thanks for the information on the E 815. It appears Verizon has replaced the V710 with the E815. Looks like a nice little phone ! I like it better then the LG VX8100 Verizon offers.

Thanks again Lexus411

:cheers:

The Verizon phone connect. You cant download the phonebook . The E 815 is a better phone then the V710 they also offer an LG phone thats bluetooth. They all connect and offer good reception but because of the block it limits the downloading options.

Thanks for the information on the E 815. It appears Verizon has replaced the V710 with the E815. Looks like a nice little phone ! I like it better then the LG VX8100 Verizon offers.

Thanks again Lexus411

I have the E815, and I love it! It's not integrated w/my 330, cause it's the '04, but maybe someday...

• 3 weeks later...
I have the Treo 650 with Verizon and have been using it for about 6 months now with no issues!!!  It works great!!!!

Did you transfer the phonebook to the car, and if so, what were the exact steps you took?

No I can't do the transfer myself. I was at the dealer last week for a part and bumped into my sales person. He said he could put 5 people from my phonebook into the car for me if I brought in the list. It would help in my case.

I have the Treo 650 with Verizon and have been using it for about 6 months now with no issues!!!  It works great!!!!

Did you transfer the phonebook to the car, and if so, what were the exact steps you took?

No I can't do the transfer myself. I was at the dealer last week for a part and bumped into my sales person. He said he could put 5 people from my phonebook into the car for me if I brought in the list. It would help in my case.

Today I returned to the dealership where they transferred 6 numbers from my Motorola E815, via their phone, into my RX phone book. I love how the bluetooth RX phone works now. It sure is slick ! I thought this was a very nice gesture on behalf of the dealership to do this FREE ! My car is a year old. (Metro Lexus, Cleveland)

Just remember it when it comes time to buy a new one or if you hear someone say they're thinking about buying a Lexus ;)

SW03ES

The problem is not with Lexus ! The problem is that Verizon does not enable the OBEX feature in the Motorola E815 phone.

:chairshot:

The problem is not with Lexus !  The problem is that Verizon does not enable the OBEX feature in the Motorola E815 phone.

The new Nokia 6256i for Verizon has OBEX file transfer enabled. Oddly, the Verizon stores are not allowed to sell them, but you can find them at Best Buy and other Verizon authorized electronics dealers.

I have been using my son's ATT Sony T68i to transfer the phone book to the RX330. We recently cancelled the account and moved him to Verizon too. Last weekend, I needed to change the phone number on one of the phone book items stored on the car so I turned on the Sony phone and was able to transfer the phone book without having a active account on the phone. I did have the SIM card installed, and I was getting occassional SIM errors, but I believe that it might be possible to find an old T68i on eBay and buy it and use it to program your car.

anyone had any issues or success' with blackberry 7100 connectivity?

I can connect but the 1-touch feature keeps going in and out.  I have an 06 GS300. 

It's kinda driving me nutty.

If your car is like my 05 RX the 1-touch feature half way blanks out when the car is moving. Once stopped, all the information is visible again. You can still use the 1-touch to call out however while moving. I wonder if this is what you're talking about?

:blink:

I was able to sucessfully transfer my phonebook from my verizon treo 650 to my RX330 by creating a new phone book category on my treo and making sure that each entry only had one phone number attached to it. Additionally, I put the entire name in the "last name" category. This seemed to do the trick. I had to create separate phone book entries for everyone's cell, home and work. It took some trial and error, but seems to work.

When I was done, I transferred the category to the car.

Good luck.

Today I returned to the dealership where they transferred 6 numbers from my Motorola E815, via their phone, into my RX phone book. I love how the bluetooth RX phone works now. It sure is slick ! I thought this was a very nice gesture on behalf of the dealership to do this FREE ! My car is a year old. (Metro Lexus, Cleveland)

I can connect but the 1-touch feature keeps going in and out.  I have an 06 GS300. 

If your car is like my 05 RX the 1-touch feature half way blanks out when the car is moving. Once stopped, all the information is visible again. You can still use the 1-touch to call out however while moving. I wonder if this is what you're talking about?

This seems to be the case. Do you know of any way around this lovely feature?

Thanks for your response and any insight to a workaround.

This seems to be the case. Do you know of any way around this lovely feature?

Thanks for your response and any insight to a workaround.

No work-around that I know of so far. I really don't find the graying out the information in the one-touch feature objectionable. I still gives me enough information to be used to call out while driving.

• 2 months later...