Suspension Help?

Salacak

I have a 91 LS400 no air suspension system and rear goes down if I put 70 lb. in the trunk or back seats.

Why is that. Anybody has similar problem here?

I listen to my idiot mechanic and changed the springs (Alone with the struts) after over $1000 car has same problem.Please help because struts are no good?.

I don't know what to do.

I have a 91 LS400 no air suspension system and rear goes down if I put 70 lb. in the trunk or back seats.

Why is that. Anybody has  similar problem here?

I listen to my idiot mechanic and changed the springs (Alone with the struts) after over $1000 car has same problem.Please help because struts are no good?.

I don't know what to do.

Afraid I can only offer sympathy. My LS 400 (92) is jacked up on the left, right rear is about normal hight for high setting, with the right front bottomed out. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

its nothing but gravity. now when you take the stuff out does your car lift back up? if it doesnt you have a problem. i keep a bunch of tools jack stands and roadside stuff in my trunk and it lowers the car but when i take it out back to normal height

Not a lot probably 2" maybe 3" but one time I had 3 people in the back (No luggage or anything else) back was down a lot (Half way maybe more) I think this is way too much than normal

depends on how much they weighed and if it wasnt over the weight that the spring are supposed to withstand then that means your springs have become weak and lost some of the tension but since you changed the whole strut assembly already i doubt thats the problem even though it is possible to get a brand new pair of bad springs. to tell if the springs are weak you have to remove all the extra weight out of the car( meaning everything that didnt come from the factory and make sure your tank is full. then you find a level spot to park. after that you have a tape measure and measure from the ground to a predetermined spot on the vehicle which the manufacturer supplies. you can find this info. in your owners manual, and what the specs. are supposed to be. if within specs you should be good if not then you should replace them

Thanks for reply, if no weight on the car level is perfect, ride is perfect.I'm thinking change these struts to Tokico or KYB brands.Do you think it will make the different and which one I should choose?

Thanks again

if i put 70lbs in the back of my car it would have done that too, i am willing to bet any LS400 will...LOL. it aint a pickup truck. :D

With a fully occupied cabin and packed trunk (family trips for ex.), my LS will squat down very far, but it has never bottomed out or rubbed, and I'm still on my original struts and springs. I agree with the others....it's just gravity!